Front page for fusor.net

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Richard Hull

Front page for fusor.net

Post by Richard Hull » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:14 am

I see the little guy shoveling on the intro page. I assume this is being worked on. I didn't know it was gone and have had two requests for the history of the site and info on the old songs.com early work. I told them to go to the intro page. They advised it made them go to the forums. Paul did a fabulous job on the old intro page in steering folks to the history and basics. No rush so far as I am concerned. I just thought it was there as I always go straight to the forums.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Re: Front page for fusor.net

Post by Frank Sanns » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:11 am

The Songs and Intranets are now part of the forum. Eventually they will be accessible from the main page also but for now, they are active and searchable to all.

Richard Hull

Re: Front page for fusor.net

Post by Richard Hull » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:26 am

Wow! Thank you, Frank! I have alerted the two folks that these old forums are now available.

I did go back myself to those first songs.com postings this evening. What a 20 year time warp back! I had forgotten the system in Songs is kinda' backwards, temporally. The first post in the forum is the last ever written! The first posts are at the very bottom of the listing. Whats more, you need to find a post's title and then go backwards up the list 2,3 or 4 posts with that same title. This is then the first post in the thread! You then read downward in the posts to see subsequent replies!! A bit tough to get used to, but once done a few times the flow is easy to follow. Even from those early days, the seriousness and value of Paul's gift to us was not abused and much good information flowed. This has been a watch word throughout our time on the internet. Kinda' makes me glad and proud I was in it from the beginning. I bet Paul was amazed at how fast this little sub-forum off-shoot of his "Farnsworth Chronicles" outpaced its main forum base.

For those with a bent for history check it out.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.