unusual posting results

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Bob Reite

Re: unusual posting results

Post by Bob Reite » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:04 am

I was not sure how it was interlocked with the WordPress site. That should not be that bad, as long as you don't change the domain at all!. I developed a WordPress site on beta.wclh.org and when I tried to move it to just wclh.org it broke. I got lazy and put a redirect on wclh.org to beta.wclh.org and they are OK with that, rather than try to fix it. I still think that if it winds up on fusor.net, it will work once the move is totally complete without any trouble, even if the IP address will be different. You just may have a couple of days of downtime rather than just a couple of hours however.
The more reactive the materials, the more spectacular the failures.
The testing isn't over until the prototype is destroyed.

Andrew Robinson

Re: unusual posting results

Post by Andrew Robinson » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:10 pm

I have full confidence we will be able to successfully manage whatever migration is agreed upon. We will figure out a workable solution, don't worry. You're right Paul, the migration should be pretty easy. We'll get it all worked out and will try to make the transition as streamlined as possible for all Fusor.net members. Richard, I spoke with Frank just now and have been alerted to the redirection issues. I'll be taking a look today and possibly over the weekend to correct these issues. Its possible we may leave them for the time being if the fix is not immediately obvious until we migrate to a new platform. As I have not looked at the root cause just yet I cant say for sure how the issues are linked, but I am reasonably certain the issue will not follow if segmented away from Word Press. I don't think it will come to that though as the original functionality should be easily returnable once the official issue is discovered. Give me some time to troubleshoot and you should see the original behavior return.

Regards,
Andrew
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!