Scott Fusare has passed away

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Scott Fusare has passed away

Post by Frank Sanns »

Many of you will know Scott from his posting on the site and presence at the HEAS over the years. Really a super fellow. Here is a link to his obituary. He will be missed.

https://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/obi ... d=33388809
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Richard Hull

Re: Scott Fusare has passed away

Post by Richard Hull »

Sorry to hear about Scott he was a good friend over the years. I knew he was sick. He was not very old at all. He goes way back to the early nineties and TCBOR Teslathon days. Those older folks here might remember him from the 2000s HEAS conferences. I found an image that Frank took in 2006 at the HEAS conference. I submit it here to those who might remember Scott only by sight. Sad news indeed.

Richard Hull
Attachments
Heas31FrankS06.anno.jpg
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Sad news that Scott passed; I do believe I meet him at one of the HEAS meetings I attended.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I see in Scott's obit, a photo of my old magnifier #5 from the TCBOR days. Scott was an avid Tesla coiler and came to virtually every year's Teslathon. He was also a researcher and contributor to the Electric Spacecraft Journal. He and I made three trips to stay a week at the Electric Spacecraft lab and living quarters in Asheville NC. Once, while Charles Yost, its founder was still alive, and again following his death. Charles left me as the CEO of the Corporation, requiring quarterly visits for a week or more to attend board meetings. The other visits with Scott was as my being CEO on one of those board meeting trips. The time in the NC Smokey mountains outside of Asheville were a beautiful respite from both Scott and my engineering jobs. I gave up the CEO job in 2008, feeling I was a remote CEO in absentia and not cognizant of daily issues with the crush of my real job as being paramount. Charles Yost passed away in my presence with his wife and he calling for me to be there. Charles died of Pancreatic cancer as did Scott. It is a terrible and slow death.

I attach an image of a group of me and my friends with Charles Yost taken in 2000 in the ESI (Electric Spacecraft Inc.) research facility on the second floor research library room. Names are under the photo

Oddly I met both Charles and Scott at the 1991 Teslathon for the first time, both subscribed to my TCBOR, two hour, VHS, Tesla coil report videos that were released about every two months, and mailed out. Our own Jon Rosenstiel was also a mass subscriber way back then. It amazes me that so many of us are out there and find one another to remain in touch through the years. Back then it was by land line telephone and snail mail only. Such was the desire to meet and greet, that I instituted the Teslathon for yearly gatherings and flea market exchanges of money and goods in a non-internet world. The wonder of the internet has brought many more of us into the light. I allowed the 1989 start of Teslathons to naturally morph into the HEAS conferences in 2000 as my interest had moved into fusion after 1997.

Sadly, many old friends are now gone, but it is the natural order of things.

Richard Hull
Attachments
Left to right: Kim Goins long time pal, research physicist at NRL...Scott Fusare....Nancy Gusakoff friend of Geoffs....Charles Yost, founder of Dynamic systems and ESI, aeronautical engineer.....Richard Hull....Geoff Miller, amateur researcher.
Left to right: Kim Goins long time pal, research physicist at NRL...Scott Fusare....Nancy Gusakoff friend of Geoffs....Charles Yost, founder of Dynamic systems and ESI, aeronautical engineer.....Richard Hull....Geoff Miller, amateur researcher.
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Announcements and Site Administration Topics”