Help with HV divider

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Finn Hammer

Re: Help with HV divider

Post by Finn Hammer »

Common ground is fine for voltage and current, where you can tailor the output towards full scale. But with 65mA in the gound led, it will build up a measurement error at the end of a cable extension, for example to a remote operating station, where 1.5 ohm will shift the reading with 0.1 volts.
In the case that the metering part of PM-1029A is indeed floating, this makes it particularly attractive for monitoring a Baratron, and the analogue output from a 901P, because the high led display current will have its own ground return path, separate from the metering connections.
I would have expected the LCD version to draw less current, but the datasheet quotes 65mA for that as well.

Edit: my error, the LCD version indeed only draws 1mA, and has 100M input resistance, fabulous!

The high input resistance, the ability to read negative, and to place the decial dot where it is desired, places this panel meter i a class of its own, and separates it from the current offerings on Ebay.
Last edited by Finn Hammer on Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “New User Chat Area”