LM35 TO220 Version discontinued?

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Finn Hammer

LM35 TO220 Version discontinued?

Post by Finn Hammer »

The LM35 is a temperature sensing chip.
My supply of genuine TI brand LM35's is running out, and although this chip is still available from the far east traders, I would prefer genuine samples, if for no other reason, then to be absolutely sure that I get the 150Deg. C. Version, instead of the 100deg. Variety.
Digikey, Mouser, Farnell, RS Components all are out of stock, with no indication of a restocking opportunity, other vendors simply state, the part is no longer stocked.
TI still list the item as in production.

Anyone here close enough to TI to tell if this is true?

The TO220 variety of the LM35 is the only one that is immediately usefull to me, whereas the other package options require custom heat transfer interface hardware to be manufactured.

Cheers, Finn Hammer
Bob Reite

Re: LM35 TO220 Version discontinued?

Post by Bob Reite »

You can still order it from Mouser. Part number if LM35DT/NOPB for the TO220 case
The more reactive the materials, the more spectacular the failures.
The testing isn't over until the prototype is destroyed.
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

I checked siliconexpert and there are LM35s that have 10 year plus life cycles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I checked the part number Bob gave by mouser and they have thousands on order with an expected delivery date of March 2023. None in stock of course.
Whatcha' wanna' bet they will be ChiCom manufactured...lead time to set up fab.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Bob Reite

Post by Bob Reite »

WOW! Someone must have bought the last stock. The time that I looked, they had about 500 available for immediate shipment.
The more reactive the materials, the more spectacular the failures.
The testing isn't over until the prototype is destroyed.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

How odd Bob. You mention about 500 remaining LM35s coincided with your 500th posting. I thought I heard the twilight zone 4 bar music in the background.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “New User Chat Area”