Ordering from MPF

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Tristan Womach

Ordering from MPF

Post by Tristan Womach »

I'm trying to order a feedthrough from MPF but they've come back to me asking for my company details. Seeing how I don't represent a company, I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this, or have ideas as to best respond.

-Tristan
Matt_Gibson

Re: Ordering from MPF

Post by Matt_Gibson »

While not MPF, Lesker wanted company details as well…

They haven’t called me or anything, but have yet to ship out some nuts/bolts and gaskets that I ordered last week. I hope they aren’t actively trying to verify my employer?

I see that ordering deuterium is even harder…What gives? It’s just stainless steel and copper :-)
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

I've run in to this a few times with companies and for very very mundane items; some companies never sell to the general public - ask if they have an issue with that and they might accept your order. As for deuterium, that is classified as a dangerous gas (explosive) and convincing a gas company to sell a small quantity to a private citizen is extremely difficult (I did get a lecture bottle of the stuff many years ago but I had a 'company' and tax number; this used for an SBIR) Shipping hazardous/explosive gases is a whole new world of difficult. Others here might have better methods to deal with this problem.
JoeBallantyne

Post by JoeBallantyne »

I ordered a couple of feedthroughs from MPF. I did it as an individual, and it wasn't a problem.

I simply did not give them a company name, and told them the feedthroughs were for myself, that I was building a fusor.

They didn't give me a hard time about it.

I got the parts pretty quickly. And the price for brand new feedthroughs was pretty much unbeatable.

Joe.
Matt_Gibson

Post by Matt_Gibson »

I’ll give MPF a try if my 20kV feed through fails at 40kV…

Lesker sat on my order for a whole week before I just decided to cancel.

Return to “New User Chat Area”