Testing a Turbo without controller

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Matt_Gibson

Re: Testing a Turbo without controller

Post by Matt_Gibson »

Update: Got what I needed and everything seems to work well. I have an “issue”:

I have been just plugging/unplugging the turbo PSU when I want to turn it on/off. Today I decided to add a switch (apply 24vdc to pin 5 to turn it on). I am seeing that the turbo turns on and spins up to full rpms whether pin 5 is held high or not…All that I have connected, now, is ground and 24vdc.

I’d like to be able to switch this on/off with an actual switch so that I can leave it energized and be able to read the analog rpm output while it spins down (takes forever).

What am I missing?
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

There are couple versions of the controller that have different pinouts. Which model controller you have?, there are at least 4 different drives with different pinouts that have been used on these pumps. There is also a possibility that the controller has been programed to start up on power up. To change that you need a interface unit. For the 071 you can use the DCU-001 or DCU-100. The -100 had a 24v power supply built in that can run the pump, the -001 is just the display interface.

Before you get much further you need to change the oil cartridge, they are supposed to be changed yearly.
Matt_Gibson

Post by Matt_Gibson »

I’ve got the TC100. I had a second one of these and swapped the controller. The other controller works as expected so I’ll just stick with it for now.
Jerry Biehler

Post by Jerry Biehler »

Ahh, all of mine have the older TC600 variants. Each one has a different interface, lol. The controller connects to the head unit via RS485 half duplex, there is a command manual out there someplace so you could possibly get a usb to two-wire rs485 adapter and control it with that.

Return to “New User Chat Area”