How much vacuum?

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Tristan_ruel

How much vacuum?

Post by Tristan_ruel »

Hello,

Very basic question but one that I’ve seen different answers to, how deep of a vacuum in microns does one need to achieve fusion?

Thanks
Tristan
Richard Hull

Re: How much vacuum?

Post by Richard Hull »

A loaded question.... Many factors enter into this. I did and proved fusion with just a superbly functioning mechanical pump that would not go below 8 microns. I burned through $200 worth of deuterium doing it over the first three months of doing fusion. How much fusion? Just barely enough to prove I had done it. I stopped this stupidity by doing many things to improve my efforts back in 1999. Read the FAQs.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “New User Chat Area”