Vacuum Chamber details

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Matt_Gibson

Vacuum Chamber details

Post by Matt_Gibson »

Hi everyone, I’m new to fusors but determined to make a functional one. I am trying to nail down my chamber and have decided to look for a 4 way cross. eBay has some options, but each have different considerations that I need help with.

I see some are symmetrical as in, all sides are even (2.75in). Others are 6in with 2.75in on the sides (6in to 2.75in reducing). Do I need to choose a symmetric cross or would a 6in to 2.75in work as well?

Finally, I see different type of flanges. Some have bolted connections, others are the quick clamp type. Any reason to go with one over the other? I’m thinking that bolt on is going to be much more strong?

Any other important considerations for a 4 way cross?
John Futter

Re: Vacuum Chamber details

Post by John Futter »

fozi bear or what ever
Please follow the forums rules and change your screen handle to your real name
your first post should have been in he "Please introduce Yourself" sub-forum

Return to “New User Chat Area”