Flushing Oil Recommendations

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Jordan Simpson

Flushing Oil Recommendations

Post by Jordan Simpson »

I was wondering if there might be any recommendations for vacuum pump flushing oil. If it's worth it, then I will go with TKO flushing oil from Lesker, but I was wondering if I could possibly get similar results with a cheaper alternative.

I will be running the Edwards E2M1.5 pump on Ultragrade 15 oil, which I have 2 liters of. I might not have to use flushing oil to do flushing, but I wouldn't want to waste the Ultragrade unless it is a reasonable option (financially) compared to the alternatives, which I don't think it would be.
Richard Hull

Re: Flushing Oil Recommendations

Post by Richard Hull »

I have TKO here and have used it to good advantage many times. I have stopped buying and restoring pumps. The TKO in a clean pump will bottom out on its own as good oil, but thins quickly when hot. This is why it works so well at flushing. As it cleans, you can get a good idea of what the pump is capable of if you TC gauge at the head before the oil gets hot. If the pump is filthy as used, you need to let the TKO get super hot on that first flush and see what drains out.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Jordan Simpson

Re: Flushing Oil Recommendations

Post by Jordan Simpson »

Richard

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like I will be able to acquire TKO Flushing Oil anytime soon, as I cannot acquire an FEIN so I can order from KJLC as a junior, and mom said no way when I mentioned it required a social security number or TIN.

Return to “New User Chat Area”