Ludlum M12-4

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Rob Vasbinder

Ludlum M12-4

Post by Rob Vasbinder »

Hi everyone,

I am in the position to buy this neutron detector in the original carying case. Three years old, looks new. I have no clue what I should pay for it nor how to check whether it is still functions.

Want to use it to detect my first self made neutrons.

Advice is highly appreciated.

Rob

PS: I could buy more so if anybody else wants one.
Dennis P Brown

Re: Ludlum M12-4

Post by Dennis P Brown »

A link or pic w/description would be useful, as well as the asking price/number of available units.
As in all purchases, if the seller will not accept returns after a reasonable time frame on a defective unit, I would not buy from them.
The only way to test a neutron detector is with a neutron source - so, having a fusor that works is your best way to test it.

Aside: Ludlum's are generally very good units - it all comes down to how the unit was treated.
Andrew Seltzman

Post by Andrew Seltzman »

Make sure it has the white ball on the bottom (and that it still contains the detector tube), otherwise it's just a model 12 meter head.
Andrew Seltzman
www.rtftechnologies.org
Rob Vasbinder

Post by Rob Vasbinder »

Thx for the feedback. With White ball and detector and casing for 800 euro each. 3 pieces. Have no means to test them yet

Rob

Return to “New User Chat Area”