Greetings from Austria

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Philipp W

Greetings from Austria

Post by Philipp W »

Hello folks!

My name is Philipp, I'm a 19 year-old from Austria (so my English might not be perfect, please apologize for that). I graduated from high school (specializing on Electronic Engineering) in June 2012 and am now doing compulsory civilian service which I'll be finishing next month.

I've been interested in science and technology for as long as I can remember and have already done several hobby projects in the field of electronics (I once built a six-legged robot, a so-called "hexapod": http://www.youtube.com/user/ikarus117). Beside that, I also love to read, travel by train and - occassionally - also take photos.

I came across fusors for the first time about three years ago and was immediately cought by the idea of having a small tabletop nuclear fusion reactor. However, at this time, I felt it was still too early to attempt such a complex project, as I didn't have any knowledge of high voltage or vacuum systems. So I put my plans on hold, but continued to read whatever I could find about radioactivity and nuclear physics and also did some simple experiments in that field - and again I stumbled across fusors!

Now, being realistic it's clear to me that I won't be able to start a well-founded fusor project in the months ahead. I'll be doing an internship at a company in Rockford, IL (are there any fusioneers in the Chicago area who would be willing to let me have a look at their setup in order to get a feeling for how a "real" fusor setup looks like?) from May to mid-September and as of October 2013, I'll start studying Technical Physics at Vienna (finally, things will start to get really interesting!).
However, I'll continue to read and gather information here in the forums and hope that I'll gain enough knowledge to be finally able to start a fusion project of my own!

Best regards,
Philipp

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”