Hello from Calgary

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
123e443

Hello from Calgary

Post by 123e443 »

Hello my name is Sam Linton, I am 14 years old
(Ima do this in point from)
Name: Sam Linton
Hobbies: Reading, Climate activism, Solresol, and renewable energy
I have yet to build a fusor, as I am looking in to using the electrode as the fuel or using the heat from the electrode to power 1 or more thermocouple
Also, Lead shielding is very important
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello from Calgary

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello Sam. Welcome. You need to fix that 123e443 in your byline name and replace it with your full name.

Shielding is not a big deal for lower voltage fusors and this only becomes a serious issue with higher end voltages (x-rays, not ever gamma.) Also, neutrons are not an issue for any fusor.

Electrodes must be conductive so no real way to convert them into fuel. Waste heat from a fusor is a lost cause (better to buy a space heater and use that - ;) ) Do reading on relevant FAQ's for each section/topic and learn about fusors and required equipment.

Best of luck.
Nicolas Krause

Re: Hello from Calgary

Post by Nicolas Krause »

Hi Sam,
Wonderful to meet you! I'm based in Calgary as well, I haven't completed my fusor yet, but I'm working away at it. If you have any questions or the FAQs on the website are a great resource and if you don't understand anything definitely feel free to reach out to me. Dennis has already noted the username requirement, I'd just add that it really does help keep the forum running smoothly!

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”