Hi

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
didymus_thomas

Hi

Post by didymus_thomas »

I'm always on the lookout for people doing DIY projects in the "high sciences". They're extremely important to me because they serve to show people the possibilities of what one can achieve. I was watching a plasma video by The Thought Emporium and he mentioned this forum. I'm very happy I've found it and I can't wait to dig into these threads. Keep up the great work! Thank you!
russssellcrow

Re: Hi

Post by russssellcrow »

Welcome aboard Thomas!
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hi

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Do read old (back) issues of Scientific American; the "Amateur Scientist" articles/series going back many decades (alas, ended some time ago.) In the articles people who designed and built very advanced scientific devices give details on how to go what they did - they showed people building accelerators, a spectral grating ruling engine (!), x-ray devices, cyclotrons, all types of lasers and the list goes on and is massive. Great reading - I bought a CD that has every article (with pics) from that amazing series.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”