Hello from Berlin

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Uli Seiler

Hello from Berlin

Post by Uli Seiler »

Hello to everyone,
my Name is Uli Seiler from Berlin in Germany. I'm retired Nurse (Thank good "retired" in theese Times of Corona Virus and all their evil Breeds).
All my live i was interested in natural science and how stuff works. And how one could improove it... . Tearing things apart and rebuild them is and was a natural habit in our family... (learned from my Father as a very little boy - : "Always put the parts in correct order, to reassemble whatever you are about to teare apart. And if you are finished and have some little screws over, you probably won't have full function... ." ).
Especially fascinated in (nowaday) useless but beautiful things like Tesla coils... . I was lurking around here for quite a while, fascinated by the Idea to do something useful with HV. Building my own "Star in a jar". But as i've read quite often, easy in theory but not as simple to build. So my head is full with many Questions. Some already answered here on this site and of course most of these answers arise new questions... . So far i have build some gas discharge tubes. For their beautiful glow discharge and as i learned on divers fusor homepages, to measure the vacuum my chinese refrigeration pump achives... .
Greetz
Uli Seiler
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello from Berlin

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello and welcome. Making an electrical plasma is a good first step. Remember, making a fusor isn't the only thing done here. People make ion guns and some have made larger systems to create deuterate targets. Radiation detection is a useful study and making detectors is also pursued here. Generating one's own deuterium is also done and is a useful stand alone project. There are many possible projects besides fusors; but any of these projects can be used as a stepping stone to get to that goal, as well.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”