Saying Hi from Pennsylvania!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
MaxfieldFrancis

Saying Hi from Pennsylvania!

Post by MaxfieldFrancis »

Hey all! I've been lurking on here for a while, about 8 months, and I thought it was high time I introduce myself. I'm Max, I'm a senior in high school right now and am absolutely enraptured by science. I love everything about it. When I was younger I loved to tear things apart, see how they worked, or build something from old junk, and of course see things go boom. Nowadays I have an amateur chemistry lab in my basement and a rather small workshop, both are my absolute favorite places to be. I'm really here to see all the cool high energy creations and of course, to build a fusor!

Have a good one!
Joe Gayo

Re: Saying Hi from Pennsylvania!

Post by Joe Gayo »

Welcome.

Please note: the forum rules are that your user name is full (first & last name).
MaxfieldFrancis

Post by MaxfieldFrancis »

Fixed that! Thanks for the heads up!
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello, and I too liked taking stuff apart and building new stuff back as a teen - I would get old refrigerators (salvaged from junk yards), get the compressors and build ultra-cold refrigeration systems (-40 C); and I converted a few into vacuum pumps for a laser (Co2) while in High School. I even built a flame thrower but that wasn't a good idea as I discovered - it threw flame far too well. Enough said on that mistake.

So, I understand. Science is both fun and interesting. Through the real stuff - the physics, math and physical chemistry - can be a lot of work but are the heart and soul of the hard* sciences and very rewarding to master. Stay with it and be focused - the rewards will follow.

* not as difficult per say (for most, they are) but as core to the field

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”