Hello from Chicago!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
David van Alphen

Hello from Chicago!

Post by David van Alphen » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:23 pm

My name is David and I am a STEM teacher and counselor for The Boy Scouts. I have always had an interest in space and nuclear technology. My father was also an engineer at Chalk River Nuclear Laboratories in Ontario back in the day. His knowledge and help will definitely come in hand for my fusor build.

I first hear about Richard Hull and Fusor.net from the book "Soonish". I was immediately intrigued and have been planning on making a fusor ever since. I have been slowly acquiring the parts and plan to start construction in the next month. The plan is to start out with a demo version then go from there. I have a group of scouts that are in their final stage of the STEM Nova program and think it would be an awesome final project for them to participate in so they can earn the Albert Einstein Award. Obviously safety is my top priority for them. I'm curious if any scout troop have successfully made it to the Neutron Club.

Either way- I am happy to be here and looking forward to being part of this community. Thank you.

Richard Hull

Re: Hello from Chicago!

Post by Richard Hull » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:36 pm

Welcome! The complete listing of all groups, ( there are a number of them), who have made the plasma and neutron club and applied for it are to be found at......

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=13

I am not personally aware of any scout activity in the past. Your group can be the first, if successful.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”