Hello from Louisiana

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Matt_Gibson

Hello from Louisiana

Post by Matt_Gibson »

Hi everyone,

New user here. Without going into much detail, I work in the electric utilities industry (Coop utility) and have always been interested in science. My past projects include high voltage (Tesla coils) and lasers (CW diodes and a pulsed ruby laser ).

I am here to build a working fusor, not a demo. While I am no nuclear physicist, I do intend on building a functional fusor rather than a demo.

So far, I have learned enough about fusors to know that I have a long and (probably) expensive road ahead of me. Case in point is that I thought my 15kV 30mA NST was the perfect psu to start with. Boy was I floored after learning how these things operate under load :-(

My reason for going down this road: I have always been interested in nuclear science and have a wild collection of radioactives :-) I have some uranium minerals that would knock your socks off!
Richard Hull

Re: Hello from Louisiana

Post by Richard Hull »

Matt, Welcome to the forums. I see you have read a bit already on neon sign transformers. Good luck with your efforts.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”