I'm Back...

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Richard Hester

I'm Back...

Post by Richard Hester »

I'm Richard Hester, and I encountered fusor.net back in 1999 via a popular high voltage site. I lost access due to a password mishap a few years back and decided to just coast and lurk for a wile, as the S/N ratio back then was pretty poor. I have also been busy with a full job, a college radio DJ gig, and assorted medical issues, some serious, but none fatal so far. I have all the fixings for a fusor (just got some D2) but I'm not in a big hurry. Any contribution I make in the near term will probably be in the realm of instrumentation electronics.
Richard Hull

Re: I'm Back...

Post by Richard Hull »

Richard Hester was a mainstay and long time poster in the early years. He is expert in preamp to power circuitry and is a returning "Old Boy". He deserves respect and admiration as a doer. I am glad to see him back. Many of us remember him well. I attach an image of Richard beside my fusorIII at the 2002 HEAS gathering in October. Putting a face to folks is always good.

I am sorry to hear of the health issues, but you are still here and seem to be hanging in there. Is it really almost 20 years ago this image was taken? Wow, I feel old suddenly.

Richard Hull
Attachments
rhester.jpg
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Richard Hester

Post by Richard Hester »

The hair is a lot grayer, and there's less of it - no surprise, as I'm turning 68 this month. At the time of the picture, I was a sprightly 49...
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Always good to have an experience person in electronics; also, a semi-original contributor. As we get to and past 60 (as I am past), health issues can often arise; certainly hope you are on an upward trajectory. Thanks for the introduction and setting an example (while not needed due to your original postings that predate that requirement) so other can see how to do it.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”