Aerospace Engineer in Seek of Viable Airborne Power Source

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Mostowitz84

Aerospace Engineer in Seek of Viable Airborne Power Source

Post by Mostowitz84 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:30 am

You read that right. I work for a large aerospace manufacturer and I’ve landed here as a possible power source for future aircraft/spacecraft.

Nice to be here

Matt

Joe Gayo

Re: Aerospace Engineer in Seek of Viable Airborne Power Source

Post by Joe Gayo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:45 am

Keep looking ...

and fix your user name.

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:00 am

You understand power, I assume, as an engineer. Currently the fusors are producing a net loss of energy of nearly a billion to one. The very best is a 500 million to one net loss over input energy to output fusion energy. No useful energy to be found here, only massive net losses. It's the truth. That's our story, and we are sticking to it.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:47 am

Is this a broken thread? The first post doesn't seem to fit what is logical for an intro or are they assuming that is, somehow, an introduction we accept?

Mostowitz84

Post by Mostowitz84 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:56 pm

"This website - fusor.net - is where these people gather to share their experiences, to swap tips and techniques, and pass on encouragement."

Well with such a warm welcome from the folks on the forums I think i'll just go. Thanks for the encouragement....

see ya

Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:02 pm

Ok, sorry but we do have rules to better communication. And yes, I did wonder if there was a bad link.

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:04 pm

Another one bites th' dust while stating definitively he was investigating a power source for aircraft. Nothing mentioned about studying or doing fusion.

We often get people looking for a fusion power source for cars, home, cabins, etc. This was the first person looking for aircraft/spacecraft fusion power sources.

I am sure he will find a website or a google space that will warrant they have just the fusion power device he is looking for.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Joe Gayo

Post by Joe Gayo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:59 pm

Likely an engineer with Lockheed... once a great icon of engineering, now mostly a black hole for military money. I wonder why they aren't using their own fusion reactor https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/pr ... usion.html?

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:52 pm

Yes, I knew that Lockheed had been working on what they thought would be a world beater fusion energy source. They kind of said it would only be a couple of years before there might be energy out of the thing when it first met the press. Thanks for the URL. Their video is now 7 years old, and zip. The site is all flash and glitz. Just goes to show you......That which is old, is old again.... or still.

Oh well....

Richard Hull

Mark Rowley

Post by Mark Rowley » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:50 pm

Frank, being highly familiar with phpbb I know that new users can be restricted until full compliance is met. The name requirement and posting guidelines are plain as day so infractions really should not occur with the frequency we’re seeing them. Putting new user restrictions in place could solve a host of issues as well as minimize moderator/admin involvement.

Mark Rowley

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”