Sean Soleyman's Fusor

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Sean Soleyman

Sean Soleyman's Fusor

Post by Sean Soleyman »

Greetings, fusor enthusiasts.

First off, I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the valuable information that many of you have posted. I have been interested in fusors for many years, and have finally finished building one myself. I would like to share some unique features of my design.

The vacuum chamber is a KF-25 to KF-50 reducing cross. The KF-50 connections are just capped off with a blank flange and an optional viewport. This effectively creates a 50mm diameter cylindrical vacuum chamber that is oriented horizontally. The electrode assembly uses a single 1/2" diameter alumina tube, with a 1/8" tungsten rod inside. The fusor is able to produce detectable neutrons at a very low-power operating point - 22.5kV, 2mA, 13.9 microns.

For more details including a list of parts that I used, here is a link to the full article that I recently posted on my website: http://seansoleyman.com/fusor-neutron-generator/
Attachments
electrode_assembly-scaled.jpg
Richard Hull

Re: Sean Soleyman's Fusor

Post by Richard Hull »

Albeit a weak fusor, it passes the test for inclusion in the neturon club. Counting in moderator. Moderator removed, count dies off. Gear seen and listed. Operational conditions given, Any comments??
If no discussion ensues, I will at this achievement to the neutron club.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
JoeBallantyne

Post by JoeBallantyne »

The important qualifying data is all on Sean's separate website. The post there is great, and very detailed, but there is pretty much nothing here on fusor.net.

I think that folks who want to be added to the neutron club, should post the required information here on fusor.net, so that it is not lost if/when their own site goes down, or is shut down.

Sean, you did very good work. Could you perhaps post a slightly cut down version of the article you posted on your own website, here on fusor.net. The appropriate forum for said post is described in the rules for getting into the neutron club.

Your post should include pictures, data on the operating parameters (pressure, voltage, current, counts with and without moderator), and a link to the youtube video where you show moderator removal, as well as any other data required by the rules about getting into the neutron club.

That way, we have the data here on fusor.net where it will remain together with all of the other contributions that have been made over the years.

Joe.
Mark Rowley

Post by Mark Rowley »

Good work Sean. I second Joes request. It'd be good to have your data and pics archived here for future reference.

Mark Rowley
Sean Soleyman

Post by Sean Soleyman »

Having the info on fusor.net does sound like a good idea. As soon I get a chance, I'll add a full post with all the details.
Sean Soleyman

Post by Sean Soleyman »

I posted the full article over here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14103

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”