New user Chuck

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Chuck Sherwood

New user Chuck

Post by Chuck Sherwood »

Hello everyone. I have read many articles on this site and decided it was time to join.
I stated building high vacuum systems a few years back and I have built up several diffusion pump based systems.
I also play with high voltage projects such as Tesla coils, but now focus on HV inside a vacuum chamber.

I am now retired and spend my time building interesting projects, several have been shown in "The Bell Jar".
I like restoring old test equipment and I am a very good amateur machinist, which is required for many projects.
I have built some of the projects in Prutchi's book "Exploring Quantum Physics through hands-on Projects".
I recently built the PMT amplifier shown in his book. Someday I would like to figure out how to connect it to an MCA.

One future project of interest is a cold trap using Peltier Coolers.

Looking forward to conversing with all of you.

Chuck
Dennis P Brown

Re: New user Chuck

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello and welcome; someone with your experience and skills can offer a lot of useful advice to others here. Surprised your not building a fusor considering your talents and interests.

Also, do note that every major forum header has FAQ's filled with a host of important fusor information related to that topic area; great to read for fusor details.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”