Just a few things before I begin

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Joseph Thaggard

Just a few things before I begin

Post by Joseph Thaggard »

Hello! My name is Joseph Thaggard, and I just wanted to tell you guys a few things about myself before getting into the technical mess. I am currently 17 years old, enrolled as a Junior at my local high school in central Mississippi. Figured that might say a few things on its own. My interests vary, ranging from the heavy mathematics to performance arts. The bio has a little more on that. The reason that I am here was because of my curiosity. Once, I saw a TedTalk about a young man around 16 who accomplished fusion, along with a very detailed book on the subject of future technologies. The book is called "Soonish: Ten Emerging Technologies That'll Improve and/or Ruin Everything", by Kelly and Zach Weinersmith, and contained sections of nuclear fusion power as well as amateur fusion. When it comes to this forum, I've been browsing it for the last 8 months or so, just reading about and building a list of needs and issues in building an experimental fusion device. Of course 8 months is not enough to substitute for an education in electronic application, so it will be a few more years before anything happens. I'll be milling about the FAQs and Images du Jour pages for a while longer before you see anything from me. Thank you for your patience and taking the time to read this.
"I have not failed. I've found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison
Mark Rowley

Re: Just a few things before I begin

Post by Mark Rowley »

Welcome aboard Joseph. The FAQ’s are the utmost of importance. Read them and read them again.

Just a word to the wise, don’t get too bogged down in the minutia or theoretical aspects of this hobby. Doing so has often led to the collapse of the ultimate goal... a neutron producing fusor. The real learning is in the doing. Build, build, build!

Mark Rowley

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”