Hello from Poland

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Nikodem Czechowski

Hello from Poland

Post by Nikodem Czechowski »

Hi!

Greetings from Poland! I come here to seek some knowledge regarding vacuum technology. To be honest I'm not into fusor technology, as I need that knowledge for my vacuum deposition project 😊.

I have a strong background in physics (PhD, mainly in optical spectroscopy / nanotechnology), but currently I'm working in industry as an EE engineer, so I have quit broad knowledge-base for that project. I've did vacuum deposition at university (thermal, e-beam, magnetron sputtering, MBE... you name it) and built some vacuum systems. Now I have to do the same thing on a budget! Obviously I cannot afford to buy what I would buy with a thick university grant for the lab.

I hope that this does not break any laws here 😉.
ian_krase

Re: Hello from Poland

Post by ian_krase »

Welcome! I also mess around with vacuum deposition -- check out my pictures thread for my sputter coater. I suspect you're far ahead of me -- I'm just a mechanical engineer.
Nikodem Czechowski

ian_krase wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:50 pm Welcome! I also mess around with vacuum deposition -- check out my pictures thread for my sputter coater. I suspect you're far ahead of me -- I'm just a mechanical engineer.
Hi Ian!

Just because I know how it should work, does not mean I am ahead of anyone. For now I would exchange all the experience for a decent lathe :D.

Where I can find your pictures?
Maciek Szymanski

Post by Maciek Szymanski »

Nikodem!
As I see you are living in Stare Babice. I have reasonably equipped mechanical workshop (250x800 precision lathe, milling machine, power hacksaw, drill press) at my garage at Bielany in Warsaw. And I’m quite capable machinist. I can trade my machining skills for some electronic skills (like repair of the old GDR analog ED2 oscilloscope).
“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
ian_krase

Post by ian_krase »

My thread is here -- note that a lot of this stuff is really, really old. link
Nikodem Czechowski

Maciek Szymanski wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:35 pm Nikodem!
As I see you are living in Stare Babice. I have reasonably equipped mechanical workshop (250x800 precision lathe, milling machine, power hacksaw, drill press) at my garage at Bielany in Warsaw. And I’m quite capable machinist. I can trade my machining skills for some electronic skills (like repair of the old GDR analog ED2 oscilloscope).
Indeed I live near you. I would love to exchange, but to be honest there is no sense in repairing such old stuff that is readily available (and cheap) on the market... But of course I can help you.
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Best of luck in your work and continued posting here.

As always, please avoid making block quotes here. It wastes site storage.

Thanks
Mark Rowley

Post by Mark Rowley »

Perhaps the block quote function can be turned off in phpBB. It seems to be an everlasting problem that continually resurfaces.

Welcome to the group Nikodem!

Mark Rowley
Nikodem Czechowski

Sorry for using the quote feature, usually it is not a problem, and I was used to using it, especially if I do not answer to the last post. I'll do my best not to use it here :). Any other important rules, that I should be aware of?

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”