Hey Everyone!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
River Marlowe

Hey Everyone!

Post by River Marlowe »

Hey guys,
I decided to register an account after stalking these forums for a couple of days lol. My name is River and I'm a 16-year-old junior from South Carolina and an aspiring engineer. I have always had kind of a weird obsession with nuclear energy and stumbled upon fusors and decided that would be an awesome idea for my Junior mastery project. I go to a STEM school and we have this biggggg project due at the end of next semester and I would really like to write a paper about fusors and hopefully build one myself. I am hoping with the help of this forum I will be able to accomplish that. I look forward to meeting all of you :)
I'm new to this but eager to learn so if I sound dumb please correct me!
Richard Hull

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by Richard Hull »

Welcome River. We have many younger folks arriving with a project due in science or engineering within their scholastic year. Trust me when I say virtually none does fusion within that time frame. It is almost always due to the lack of funds and limited skill sets that such young people have not developed due to their age. You attend a STEM school. This puts you at the top of the heap and much is expected of you. Many bright folks breeze through the STEM educational challenge at such schools as the doing is scholastic in nature. The work and effort in doing fusion is mechanical, electronics, engineering and demands a physical verve that if entered into might see intensified study at school suffer and supportive parents invest a good deal of money in the effort.

This is not to throw water on your intentions here. Before you begin, read the FAQs and study the work already done and that is currently being done. Pour a lot of time into this by reading here. You may find that you can write a very good paper on amateur fusion based on just the data and information found here.

I wish you well in anything you might undertake here or in your future efforts.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”