Timothy Skimina introduction

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Timothy Skimina

Timothy Skimina introduction

Post by Timothy Skimina »

Hello,

I’m Timothy (Tim) Skimina - an artist and scientist interested in all types of art, science and engineering. I have been assembling a high vacuum system for about two years. I can produce plasma and can evaporate almost any metal to coat glass. I’m interested in learning how to make power supplies, electrical feed throughs, e -beam systems, and monitoring systems. I have a goal to produce hard dichroic coatings on glass capable of withstanding high temperatures - glass fusing. I understand the focus of the group, but also understand that the techniques used in this group are also used in the systems I want to build.
Dennis P Brown

Re: Timothy Skimina introduction

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello and welcome. While yes, this forum is mostly concerned with fusor's, other topics related to plasma's are always welcomed. Do post your results and system that you use for coatings; I, and I am sure others would be most interested. There are many posts on vacuum feed thru's and various types of power suppies so do search the FAQ's for various sub-forums on these topics. You will likely find useful information.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”