A small introduction

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Steven Tessier

A small introduction

Post by Steven Tessier »

Hi ,
My name is Steven Tessier
I have always loved Nuclear Science, Especially the chemistry aspect! But doing that in my home shop isn't really doable or safe .A few years ago i saw a few people talking about making a Fusor and gained some interest there but i swept it aside because I was in school and didn't have the time ore money. I was just recently listening to a book on audible called " Atomic Adventures " ( 100% recommend it ) and it kinda gave me that boost of motivation to make one. Also have an interest in a tesla coil but one project at a time.
I don't really have any real plans for the fusor , I just think it will be a good thing to keep my mind occupied , give me a little bit of a challenge , Teach me something new and be able to say I made it and be proud I did something interesting.
As far as hobbies, I build High Power Rockets , Work in my 3 shops making random stuff I can use around the apartment , Pyrotechnics(I'm a Licensed for commercial Fireworks and the Manufacturing of them) , Do photography and I game here and there.
My day job is truck driving for amazon , As mentioned above I do commercial pyrotechnics ( Everything from designing choreographed shows to setting them and shooting them ) and I run my own Photography business on the side.
I went to school for Engineering , part way through my degree ,moved over to Computer Integrated Machining(AAS) and nearly finished my degree before Covid hit. Maybe someday ill be able to finish those last classes.
My end goal is to have a career in the aerospace industry and be able to put something Ive made into space.
I feel like that sums me up pretty well.
P.S I also have autism so I apologize if i post something and it doesn't flow very smoothly.
Stay Green!
~Steven
EDIT: Also , if you have any machining questions or problems i would be more than happy to help ! :)
Dennis P Brown

Re: A small introduction

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello and glad you are joining. Hope you can quickly get your degree - certainly by summer a vaccine should be available to anyone.

Before asking a technical question, do explore the FAQ's in each section of the forum's topic areas. Often, many questions are already answered there.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”