Greetings from Russia with Love!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
fedorSulitskiy

Greetings from Russia with Love!

Post by fedorSulitskiy »

I am Fedor Sulitskiy, and although my subject is misleading as it assumes I am in Russia, I am actually in UK but I am Russian. I am second year physics student in a uni here and I am fascinated by nuclear physics and especially fusion, always have been. I joined the forum to learn more about fusors as me and my friend decided to attempt building it. It's amazing how active the community around fusors is and I am greatly impressed by this forum, so hopefully I shall find all the information I will need and get to building sooner or later :))
Dennis P Brown

Re: Greetings from Russia with Love!

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Welcome. You might want to approch the physic's or nuclear engineering departments to see if they would help you. Having university resources at your disposal could be very helpful - from a usable neutron detector to maybe deuterium gas.
fedorSulitskiy

Post by fedorSulitskiy »

I absolutely will, but in time. I would prefer to study the physics and design of fusor in detail myself first. Besides I have doubts if my university is that much into fusion, and my tutor is not the most cooperative kind :(
Artem Artemov

Post by Artem Artemov »

Привет! Do you want to build a demo or a real fusor? The forum is very good, it has all the information.
fedorSulitskiy

Post by fedorSulitskiy »

Привет!) A real fusor is certainly preferable. I'm thinking of designing it so that a bunch of measuring equipment could be installed and so that it's operational parameters could be altered at ease so that some basic sort of research could be performed. Perhaps we could leave it with the university after graduation.
fedorSulitskiy

Post by fedorSulitskiy »

Of course I don't consider it as having potential to perform actual research or be in any way professional, but be more of a complex toy to play with.
Artem Artemov

Post by Artem Artemov »

Depends on how you look at it. A home computer is a toy in one hand, a tool in the other.
Someone plays and sits in instagram, and someone is engaged in programming, design, construction.

Yes, many people collect fusor for the sake of the process. Then they put the reactor on a dusty shelf.

But it's not a toy.

1. Fusor is a convenient source of neutrons for laboratory research.
2. Fusor Is a full-fledged study of a thermonuclear reaction
3. to build a fusor, you need knowledge. Much knowledge. For 2 years, I studied vacuum engineering and vacuum physics, nuclear physics, and electrical engineering.
4. I believe that a compact fusion reactor is possible. I do not know what type it will be. But I am sure that research, including amateur research, will contribute to its creation! There are a huge number of startups with different types of thermonuclear reactors.

For me, this is a step into science! And I am glad that I made this step!)
fedorSulitskiy

Post by fedorSulitskiy »

Excuse my slang, when I used the word toy I didn't mean it in a dismissive or disrespectful way. I meant to say that realistically no-one will want the fusor for any meaningful research where I am, and it's main purpose would be for me and my buddies to practice our applied skills and exercise out theoretical knowledge practically.
Personally I believe that future is in spherical tokamaks, and I am sure that this time we are indeed 30 years away from proper fusion, but I digress.
Friend, would you mind recommending any good articles on this site to read about electrical engineering and electromagnetic mechanics in the device and perhaps the general theory of operation? There are so many articles and I am a bit lost ':D
Artem Artemov

Post by Artem Artemov »

viewforum.php?f=24. FAQ construction

viewforum.php?f=25 FAQ vacuum

viewforum.php?f=29. FAQ hv

viewforum.php?f=13 FAQ neutron

Spherical tokamak in the UK https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuSlFJ ... fJLRnGXSow

I recommend books: (all of them in electronic form are available on the Internet). G. Weston read first!
Attachments
DAFDE386-8923-4229-9335-99E6EEAA1C51.png
6BE5806E-A46E-41E1-8F0E-8E1F3F0A320B.png
D10754AB-864E-42FF-9056-8E2E92FAB5AE.png
B62991D6-22AD-4AE6-A36E-A65D3C13E870.png
BCB43F1F-E840-489F-834C-45CFAE3AAE50.png
7C6207AC-C5F1-49CF-A7CE-856168616A2F.png
fedorSulitskiy

Post by fedorSulitskiy »

Perfect, thank you very much:) as for Tokamak Energy, I know them and in fact I visited and saw ST 40. :)

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”