Hello from Indonesia

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Juan_Aaron

Hello from Indonesia

Post by Juan_Aaron »

Hi there, my name is Juan Aaron. Im a 15 year old high school student from indonesia. I am currently trying to make a working farnsworth-hirsch(sort of) fusion reactor.

I've been researching this topic since 12(i worked on sugar rockets before). I have made a jar fusor that glows and reach ~200microns(i use a zvs driver and a dual stage refrigeration pump with digital gauge).But im aiming to make a working fusor for my graduation project.

Well, that seems to wrap it up. Im sorry if its a bit long,thats all thanks!
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello from Indonesia

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Welcome. Glad you are interested but do read details in the FAQ's on fusor's and maybe you should first attempt to join the plasma club (see rules on achieving that honor.) That will get you closer to a real fusor without the need for either a real (lethal) fusor supply, dueterium gas generation, or a neutron detection system. Far easier to do but hardily a minor achievement. If you already have a proper vacuum gauge, the rest of the requirements should be rather straight forward for you.

Very impressed with your using and converting refrig pumps for vacuum work (I did so about when I was your age as well.)

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”