Bonjour from Washington State

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Jean Paris

Bonjour from Washington State

Post by Jean Paris »

Hi,

My name is Jean and I was born in France but I moved several years ago in Washington state.

I am interested in fusion since high school (more than 10years ago). Back then I had no idea of the physics behind but I started to build a VdG generator and I bought a 25€ vacuum pump. Of course, the vacuum pump was not powerful enough and my VdG just did some nice sparks but that’s it.

After I moved for my engineering study far my experiment garage... But I studied a little bit fission nuclear physic but I mainly followed a completely different path.

Last year, I found again a book of JL Bobin that I bought very long time ago and this book triggered again my full attention to fusion.

First I need to refresh my memory on particle physic and next step is to build a fusor or a ion gun that works not like my first attempt...

Talk to you soon!
J
Dennis P Brown

Re: Bonjour from Washington State

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Bonjour (not that I speak French but my daughter is fluent.)

Knowning particle physics is not in any manner required nor really needed. The particle physics required is easy to pick up in fifteen minutes of reading on the wiki. However, learning more on particle physics is, just in its self, useful so certainly do that if interested.

Building a simple ion gun is certainly a great learning experience and vastly easier and a fair bit (depending on its complexity) less costly than a fusor. Further, it need not use lethal voltages or generate dangerous x-rays (like fusors and high end ion guns - the key is voltage.)

Best of luck in your studies and future reserach ideas.
Jean Paris

Re: Bonjour from Washington State

Post by Jean Paris »

Thanks for your reply! Your daughter picked up one on the most difficult language... good luck for her

I need to understand a little bit what is behind when I build something... But yes, I am here to learn^^

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”