Low pressure hi

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
randy baron

Low pressure hi

Post by randy baron »

hi,
I'm a byproduct of some very large fusion reactions that has an interest in fusion reactions. :)
I guess I fall into a kind of prototyper category. I like coming up with ideas then making proof-of-concept devices. I can do various techniques in metal/wood/plastic, metal/resin casting, 3d printing, electronics, some basic machining, etc. I have a background in physics & astronomy and research informatics.
I wanted to join the forum because I am interested in creating a vacuum system, not necessarily for a fusor right now although I for sure don't rule that out, but for aluminum mirror coatings. I'm struggling to understand the ins and outs of buying a used turbopump and this site has some of the best discussions on turbopumps and diy controllers that I've come across.
Randy
Dennis P Brown

Re: Low pressure hi

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Welcome and certainly that is both a good reason to join this forum and people here can and will aid you in vacuum work issues/applications.

Diffusion pumps with a cold trap can be used for high vacuum work on the cheap. Of course, a lot of issues compared to a turbo.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”