Hello from Jacksonville,Ar Usa

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Brett Tyler

Hello from Jacksonville,Ar Usa

Post by Brett Tyler »

Hi, My name is Brett Tyler. I have been reading and thinking about fusion for a while and have finally made up my mind to register. I am hoping to build a successful fusor. It may take time. I still have a lot to learn even though I have a lot of basic science background and a B.S and 2 A.A degrees. Learning is lifelong. I think this will be a good learning experience as well as an accomplishment.
Mark Rowley

Re: Hello from Jacksonville,Ar Usa

Post by Mark Rowley »

Welcome aboard Brett. Building a fusor is a great endeavor with many sub-categories to learn about (vacuum, neutron detection, high voltage handling, diagnostics, etc). Be sure to spend a week or two with the FAQ's as practically every question asked since 2002 has been thoroughly explained in detail.

Mark Rowley
Brett Tyler

Post by Brett Tyler »

Thanks Mark. I will dig in more as time permits. I have a few copies of the nuclear radiation physics book by lapp and have obtained my second geiger counter and even found a scalar and have a neutron tube on the way. I think I can combine the to for neutron counting, the idea is from the forums using a Ludlum 3 counter. And found a 2.75" conflat cross for $50. And a difusion pump is on its way. Just have to learn more and take it step by step in building. And get parts as I can find them. I also found a hydrocar with pem cell. The forums have been a great help. To steer me to these items. I am going to keep up with purchases to see what the cost will be.
Mark Rowley

Post by Mark Rowley »

You're definitely on the right path Brett. Looking forward to your progress.
And most importantly, take your time. There's no rush.

Mark Rowley
Brett Tyler

Post by Brett Tyler »

Just got in some Conflat reducers for the Conflat cross ends as well as some flanges and Plexiglass to make a viewport. Also got in some laser tech to experiment and to gain experience in use of a higher power supply than 1000v. Have had some laser tubes lying around since 2004. Time to experiment some. And got the living with radiation book by kolb. A great resource!
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Good work but this is the introduction thread. Please start a new thread on your progress. - that is the better place even if it is only an update like these.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”