Hello from NJ

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
karen123

Hello from NJ

Post by karen123 »

Hello Everyone! I was here visiting several weeks ago while kicking around different ideas for electromagnet materials. After seeing one friend's invitation on www.cyclotrons.net, I came back to join. I'm building a fusor now and previously built a sputter deposition system that I use regularly. I always thought cyclotrons were cool as a kid, but never considered building one until I came across "The do-it-yourself cyclotron" article.

I like building things. I'm 'self-employed' - consider myself a machinist, but pay most of the bills doing mechanical engineering these days. Apparently, I have an interest in almost everything... or maybe it's just an interest in learning? I'm sure plenty more will come out about me over time.
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from NJ

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Greetings and welcome.

It looks like you missed the part of the registration process that asks all users to login in with their full and real names. "Karen123" doesn't quite fit that criteria.

Please change the UserID that you login with to your real first and last names, like everybody else on the forums.

Thanks,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Rich Feldman

Post by Rich Feldman »

Welcome to fusor.net, Karen.

Most of the regulars here surely share your interest in making things. More than a few know about speeds and feeds and rake angles. Yours truly also happens to like electromagnetism. Met Tim Koeth and young Noah Hoppis in person at HEAS this month, and would love to get something rolling at cyclotrons.net (whose most recent new-user thread is my own from 2013).

Please don't be put off by that short response about username == real_name. Even people who read all the fine print can be misled by the "real name" field in registration dialog. Your first shot was better than most.
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Thanks Rich.

--P
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”