FAQ - Fusor gas delivery and pressure control system

If you have a question about this topic, the answer is probably in here!
Richard Hull

Re: FAQ - Fusor gas delivery and pressure control system

Post by Richard Hull »

I have been advised I did not cover how and where to hook the gas system into the fusor in the FAQ.

We cannot help the helpless. The gas line can be connected anywhere you like on the fusor chamber. The gas lines can be copper or stainless steel. You will need to do whatever needs to be done to adapt all fittings and valves needed in your particular situation, based on how you get your deuterium gas, (tanked, electrolysis, etc.) No part numbers for fittings, no specific recommendations beyond those given related to Cajon VCR and Swagelock gas fittings.

Making a fusor is not for the person with little or no skills or ability to study the many images in the image du jour forum and see how others did their system construction. (pretty much monkey-see-monkey-do.)

For those too dull to comb the thousands of photos in images du jour, I submit a blow up from one of my images there. I really hope this is just about instructive enough to satisfy the meanest intelligence here.

For electrolysis,.... go fish...or....actually see how others have done this in their systems (past posts on the subject or image du jour). Mark Rowley has kindly given a URL related to this in the forums.

Click on the image to enlarge

Richard Hull
Attachments
Gas lines.jpg
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “FAQs: Fusor Construction & Operation”