NSD Fusion GmbH?

Post links to other interesting fusion or alternate energy sites here.
mheslep

NSD Fusion GmbH?

Post by mheslep »

Does anyone have any background information on the neutron-gen company NSD-Fusion?
http://www.nsd-fusion.com/core-tech.php
(I searched the forums without success)
I'm guessing this is a spin off of the attempt by Daimler-Chrysler & Miley to build IEC based N generators a few years back. Here they list N flux at 10^8 N/sec w/ DT
http://www.nsd-fusion.com/14mev.php
I'm recalling from somewhere that the Daimler-C people thought one needed 10^12 N/sec (~1 Watt) to make a commercially viable device, and probably needed to be D-D.

As far as I can tell, of all then N gen. firms - Schlumberger, BakerHughes, Thermo Scientific, - NSD Fusion is the only one attempting a go w/ a renewable fusion scheme.

Any confirmation?

Falstaff
tolson1118

Re: NSD Fusion GmbH?

Post by tolson1118 »

I have been in contact with someone from NSD in the past. I'm trying to recall what they were doing.
I believe that the're using an cylindrical IEC configuration with reflectors on the ends.
they are also looking into transmutation of nuclear waste using many of their generators.
Along with all your typical uses for fast neutrons, except they are line generation neutron sources.

-Thiago Olson
mheslep

Post by mheslep »

Thanks for the information.

Reflectors? Is that electrical reflectors of the ion reactants or some kind of dense neutron reflector?

Falstaff
tolson1118

Post by tolson1118 »

I believe they are using electric fields as ion reflectors. Keeping the plasma thats confined in a line from exiting out the ends.

-Thiago
mheslep

Post by mheslep »

Ok this sounds like the 'sausage' or line IEC type device. The Neutron spread would then still be isotropic from any part of the line device.

Return to “Interesting Links”