4hv

Post links to other interesting fusion or alternate energy sites here.
Cai Arcos

4hv

Post by Cai Arcos »

Hello:

I recently found a forum called 4hv which seems to be packed to the brim with useful information. I tried registering, but I'm required to send an e-mail to "4hv.org". I thought I had to add the standard @gmail.com, but apparently such direction does not exist. I presume some people here are also registered at 4hv, and might be could help me someway?

Thanks, and sorry if this is not the place to post this
Rich Feldman

Re: 4hv

Post by Rich Feldman »

Hello, Cai. That forum used to be a lively place, but has almost dried up in the last year or two. After some necessary software update broke the easy ability to embed pictures, and put an exceptionally cumbersome captcha as a hurdle for every log in. I think the administrators are weary after more than 10 years.

I found this on some page near the front of that website. Try it and let us know if you get a response, which might take days.
help.jpg
help.jpg (39.78 KiB) Viewed 4354 times
Many 4hv.org regulars have moved to a more recently established forum called highvoltageforum.net, with a similar set of subforums (except, for example, Chemistry).
Here's a thing I posted there yesterday. https://highvoltageforum.net/index.php?topic=1225.0 Ooh, are there any comments yet? That's how social media get us hooked. Do any readers here have hints about establishing personal blogs, youtube channels, wordpress sites?
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box
Cai Arcos

Post by Cai Arcos »

Rich:

Using gmail, the mail "4hv.org" is erroneous. It wouldn't even let me send the message in the first place. That's why I thought that there must be some appendix.
A webpage that has lasted 10 years... Sites like those (obviously fusor.net included) always bring me a bit of joy, because they show that even in this era of impatience and incontinence, some work made with care still remains.
I will join (hopefully tomorrow) as "Atomillo". It seems quite a lively place. I will also keep an eye on your thread, seems I have some reading to do regarding current transformers and Rogowski coils.

P.S: Sadly, I have no experience managing any type of presence on social media. Being honest, I profoundly dislike the very idea of most networks like Facebook, Instagram and such.

Thanks for all!
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Cai
4HV owner is having trouble keeping the site up for various reasons
so most of the users have moved over to
https://highvoltageforum.net/

Return to “Interesting Links”