D-D fusion in palladium electrodes

Post links to other interesting fusion or alternate energy sites here.
Albert Mery

D-D fusion in palladium electrodes

Post by Albert Mery »

Hello all,

I recently came accross this paper whilst perusing obscur (and very dodgy) sites about cold fusion. The fusion setup described here appears to be a mix between IEC fusion and cold fusion. The deuterium-filled vacuum chamber is the same as in an IEC, however inner grid has been replaced by a palladium electrode. By passing a pulsed 1-5 kv dc square wave between the electrode and the outer wall, the experimenters are able to induce D-D fusion inside the electrode. The neutron production of such a device is minuscule in comparaison with IEC setups.

This seems like a relatively easy experiment for experienced fusioneers, especially since pressure and other conditions are similar to those of the fusor. The setup also works with Titanium which is relievingly cheap compared to palladium's $50/gram.
I was wondering if anyone on this forum had experimented with a similar setup?
Anyway, I thought this might be of interest.

Albert
Attachments
1905.03400.pdf
(984.9 KiB) Downloaded 2759 times
Richard Hull

Re: D-D fusion in palladium electrodes

Post by Richard Hull »

I and one of two others have pushed for palladium cathodes for some time. I might work this into fusor V which I hope to work up after HEAS 30 in a month or so. I have the wire on hand.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
ian_krase

Post by ian_krase »

Sounds rather like beam-on-target but at an absurdly low voltage that shouldn't fuse anything.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Of course, I would use whatever voltage it takes to get results. The paper was interesting and the pulsed action was reminiscent of a very early discussion related to hydrogen thyratron pulsed fusion in the fusor, circa 2002. What's old is new again. Look at the stellarator.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
danielchristensen

Post by danielchristensen »

Richard Hull wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:56 am I and one of two others have pushed for palladium cathodes for some time. I might work this into fusor V which I hope to work up after HEAS 30 in a month or so. I have the wire on hand.

Richard Hull
I'm one of the people who has done research in this field, using small patches of Pd on Carl Greninger's fusor. You can take a deeper look into my report here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11411.

Daniel

Return to “Interesting Links”