Living with Radiation- The First Hundred Years

A place to keep track of reference material - any particularly useful books, articles, etc. should be listed here.
Richard Hull

Living with Radiation- The First Hundred Years

Post by Richard Hull »

"Living with Radiation - The First Hundred Years"
Author - William Kolb and Paul Frame.
Self published.

Incredible and beyond belief! Invaluable reference! Can't put it down book! Hundreds of photos! Can't buy it at any store on the planet! About 250 full sized, 8 1/2 x 11 pages of never published images and data.

The foregoing are quick, off the top of my head comments.

I have known Bill Kolb for some time now and we visit each other and chat on occasion. The above book has gone through several editions over the years and it is sort of a work in progress....It is never done. The current iteration is quite a volume compared to the 100 page first pass that I bought years ago.

In short, this book is the largest extant, visual catalog of radioactive devices, aids, and consumer goods ever produced by the hand of man. Bill and his co-author Paul Frame (Oak Ridge employee) have assembled and photographed materials, consumer goods, etc., from the early 1900's right up to today that contained radioactive materials. All of these products were released to the public for free or sold for public consumption over the last 100 years. I could hardly believe my eyes, as page after page revealed just how common radioactives were in a vast range of consumer based products from ice melting products to vaginal suppositories.

If you are curious or wondering just what products are hot, then this book is a must have item. I have 4 copies of all preceding editions now and Bill is bringin' me another to the next Hamfest.

Want to preview a bit..? See the cover, table of contents and the preface at:

https://medcom.com/product/living-radiation-book/

The easiest way to order is through pay pal.

there is a hot button to pay for this at:

http://theodoregray/PeriodicTable/Files ... ation.html

Simply click on the hot button and enter your paypal info. and it will automatically place an order for the book with shipping included.

If you prefer to pay by check or money order send $36.00 (postpaid) along with your mailing address to:

William Kolb
2702 Church Creek Road
Edgewater, MD 21037

Bill will acknowledge your order provided you also include your e-mail address with your snail-mailing address.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Books & References”