Pumps "R" Us

Use this forum to offer items for sale.
John Futter

Pumps "R" Us

Post by John Futter » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:26 am

I have a selection of high vac pumps for sale
Before you all go mad in pushing the buy now I'm in New Zealand so freight is going to cost$$

I have 2 Leybold turbovac 50's US$75 each ex ebay
1 x Edwards turbo make an offer ex mass spec
2 x edwards E050 air cooled diff pump US$225 each ex mass spec
2 x edwards E02 water cooled diff pumps US$150 each ex mass spec
2 x ex philips SEM diff stacks with ancillary backing storage tank ( this allows turning off your backing pump for up a couple of hours when the system is leak tight. This was done to minimize vibration from the backing pump while using the SEM but for a hobbyist would saver alot of power as the backing pump is the greediest power comsumer in a vacuum systme whether it be diff pump or turbo).valves and pirani heads sorry the penning got broke I do have circuits for how all the valves were actuated and the pirani circuitry so you can make your own electronics for it. Has motor operated main gate valve, ready to bolt up to the underside of your chamber - open to reasonable offers --Warning each is about 40kg

Edit
all diffusion pumps were taken out of going equipment and all are 220-240 volt versions
pump1.jpg
pump2.jpg
pump3a.jpg
pump3b.jpg

Ryan Payne

Re: Pumps "R" Us

Post by Ryan Payne » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:35 am

I'm guessing you only have 240v pumps, right?

If, by chance, one of the Leybolds are 120V, I'll take it.

John Futter

Post by John Futter » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:46 am

Ryan
The leybolds require their own frequency conversion units
NT10, NT13 controllers come to mind both of these offer 100 volts or 230 volts.
i'm selling the turbo only not the controller (drive unit)
If you search this site you will find my solution to building your own controller

Keelan

Post by Keelan » Fri May 29, 2020 6:58 pm

Do you have measurements for how deep of a vacuum the mass spec. diffusion pumps will do? and how much would it cost to ship to U.S.? I see you are selling them for a good deal but the shipping will probably cost an arm and a leg, so that may or may not work. also do they need any repairs? Cleaning, or replacement parts? Get back to me as soon as possible please.

John Futter

Post by John Futter » Sat May 30, 2020 1:23 am

Keelan if you had read the ad carefully all pumps came out of going equipment ie the pumps were working until I dismembered the units. All diffusion pumps will come with enough oil (santovac 5) to fill the pump.
I'n up the other end of NZ at the moment back next week will find out postage charges to the States then
All the pumps with the supplied fluid will go to 1 x 10^-7 Torr