150kVp 50ns pulsed x-ray sources on ebay

Use this forum to offer items for sale.
Richard Hull

Re: 150kVp 50ns pulsed x-ray sources on ebay

Post by Richard Hull » Tue May 19, 2020 7:41 pm

Rich wisely noted this.....This entire thread is due to be purged forever with the death of the e-bay offering.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Rich Feldman

Post by Rich Feldman » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:29 pm

There is another on ebay now, apparently from a different seller. Panhandlesurplus in Texas, instead of Bravosource in Maryland. https://www.ebay.com/i/133008279419

Looks like the same thing, except for a less unconventional AC power connector. Asking price and shipping price are significantly higher, but who knows? Listing at $999 doesn't mean seller won't take $99. Unless trying to make money off a dud that they bought from the seller Andrew alerted us to.

On my unit, after successful test on DC fed into battery terminals, I have not yet tried AC power (which is supposed to work with or without battery pack).

Regarding the oil-potted "HV multiplier" module which surrounds the tube axis and stands behind the HV transformer module, Alan Sailer mentioned possible Marx bank. That seems to fit the observed and advertised behavior and performance. Field Emission tubes are also used in the much more powerful Fexitrons and Febetrons by L-3 Pulse Sciences. Here's a picture of one of their spare parts: a T module, which goes on top of a stack of alternating L and R modules. I think the spark gaps all have line of sight to those in neighbor stages, which matters.
https://hofstragroup.com/product/l-3-pu ... n-pulsers/
Attachments
rad29.jpg
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:19 pm

This last offering is now noted. Once this has another day or two, all three pages in this post will be wiped. All the information is gone forever. I will give this two more days and it is gone.
As always, these are not detailed discussion forums.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Rich Feldman

Post by Rich Feldman » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:57 pm

As of June 4, ebay seller Bravosource has one left (down to $285 OBO) and different seller Panhandlesurplus has one about the same ($999 OBO). 113416380923 and 133008279419; you can paste an item number into ebay search window.

Anybody want to try a $100 offer? I bet if you get a dud, and the defect is in one of the accessible boards, we can collectively help to get it fixed or worked around.

Andrew's original post here, and most content from follow-ups (except battery polarity discussion -- oops)
have been copied or paraphrased in a new thread under Radiation sub-forum.
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box