[REQUEST] HV Power Supply or +75 kV Transformer

Use this forum to offer items for sale.
Joshua Guertler

[REQUEST] HV Power Supply or +75 kV Transformer

Post by Joshua Guertler » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:33 am

Greetings,

After about a year of messing with electrostatic precipitators and potential offers on EBay, I have been unable to find a transformer or high voltage power supply that would fit the bill for a fusor. Thus, I was curious if anyone would be willing to sell me a high voltage power supply (> -40 kV 10 mA) or a HV transformer (> 80 kV) for its installation into a high voltage power supply. If you have such a device that you would be willing to sell to me, I would be ecstatic to talk about the offer through private messaging on the forum or through email. Thank you.

P.S. If anyone is interested in a 300 W 30 kV electrostatic precipitator, please also reach out to me. It is lightly used, re-potted, and hopefully on its way out of my workshop after all these years.

Sincerely,
Joshua Guertler

Joshua Guertler

Re: [REQUEST] HV Power Supply or +75 kV Transformer

Post by Joshua Guertler » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:06 pm

Just wanted to move this back to the top, as I am still in desperate need of a power supply.

I would be willing to purchase one that supplies -30 kV DC (or greater) at 300 W (or greater). Also, transformers and C-W multipliers are also of interest.

All offers are welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Joshua Guertler

seamus sullivan

Post by seamus sullivan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:45 pm

i want one too

it is so hard to find them here or on the internet

but, i did find a -40kv 15mA on ebay just so you know

if you want it, go to ebay and type in -40kv 30mA transformer/power supply

Rich Feldman

Post by Rich Feldman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:25 pm

It's said that resourceful amateurs made working fusors before the Internet existed.
Kids today think anything you can't click-to-buy within 5 minutes online is "hard to get".
For intangible stuff like answers to questions, they think "due diligence with one's own searches" amounts to single-digit minutes.
Instead of hours of looking, on top of many hours learning generally how to search, which is still easy compared to physically visiting libraries and live experts.

To Josh's credit, he asked politely for a ready-to-fly HVPS, and left his "WTB" ad up for a few months before bumping back to the top.

Josh, have you considered learning how to make a fusion-capable power supply?
Do your plans include making a demo fusor? People who skip that step usually started with plenty of knowledge and experience, or money, or a closely engaged parent.
Mike echo oscar whisky! I repeat! Mike echo oscar whisky, how do you copy? Over.

Rex Allers

Post by Rex Allers » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:48 am

Rich,
Josh started this thread roughly half a year ago. Your answer seems to be mainly aimed at him.

Seabird resurrected it. He or she hasn't joined properly (see my reply to the other post). Seabird, please fix the things you have missed when you registered.

FWIW I tried the ebay search string recommended and got no proper match but a bunch of very bad approximate match items that would be useless for even a demo fusor.
Rex Allers