Archived - Dave Xanatos - Fusor Foundations

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Richard Hull

Re: Archived - Dave Xanatos - Fusor Foundations

Post by Richard Hull » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:17 pm

Stick with it! you will get there with the kind of effort we see here.

As a lone wolf with no internet and no fusor.net and being the first amateur fusor builder, it took me 2 1/2 years from beginning until fusion.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Dave Xanatos

Post by Dave Xanatos » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:08 am

Thanks Richard. Meaningful words coming from you, I appreciate it. Slow & Steady wins. Usually :)

While you're here, take a look at something I dug up when going through some of my archived Tesla material... these were from around 1991 or 1992 apparently. Time flies... :)

Dave
TCBORVHS2.jpg
TCBORVHS1.jpg
TCBORVHS3.jpg
It would take decades of work, by thousands of scientists, in a particle accelerator powered by dump trucks of flaming grant money! - Professor Farnsworth/FUTURAMA

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:19 am

Yes, them were th' days. Once I worked up the last magnifier, (10E), as part of the TCBOR around 1997, I started my early fusor work which overtook coiling and I changed the name to HEAS around 2000 to encompass more cool show and tells in the world of high energy.

The VHS tapes are now distributed as DVD's of course. I actually stopped advertising them about 5 years ago.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Dave Xanatos

Post by Dave Xanatos » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:16 am

Well, it's been a while. New contract, new vehicle, new roof, and gutting my living room for a complete renovation. And yet I found time to seriously upgrade my fusor with a fantastic little vacuum chamber and high voltage feedthrough that will support my efforts well past "demo" fusor levels. Just mounted the assembly back into the File Cart today, now I need to rewire the HV feed and get a longer vacuum bellows and a few adapters. I also have a second Edwards WRG coming so I can verify vacuum levels between the two. More when I have something significant to show :)

--Dave
0120161850.jpg
0120161850a.jpg
0120161850b.jpg
0120161850c.jpg
0120161851.jpg
0120161851a.jpg
0120161851b.jpg
0120161851c.jpg
0120161852.jpg
0120161852a.jpg
0120161852b.jpg
0120161852c.jpg
It would take decades of work, by thousands of scientists, in a particle accelerator powered by dump trucks of flaming grant money! - Professor Farnsworth/FUTURAMA

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:30 am

Looking good. Getting back to an old effort temporarily set aside is always fun and you have had time to muse over improvements and make them happen. Given time and some retrospective thought, we can easily see improvements that can benefit the effort and make things work better.

This is one of the benefits of slow going.

Richard Hull

Dave Xanatos

Post by Dave Xanatos » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:47 pm

Progress continues, thanks to my machinist friend, Scott Walker (no, he's not running for office! :) ) Scott does great work. Anyone else want a Deuterium Generator like this one? It's just a consolidated version of the one depicted in the forum thread for Deuterium Generation, but custom made to look cool :) Polycarbonate and Stainless Steel. VERY tight tolerances, oil won't leak out of this! PM me if anyone is interested in any.
Parts8.jpg
Parts7.jpg
Parts6.jpg
Parts5.jpg
Parts4.jpg
Parts3.jpg
Parts2.jpg
Parts.jpg

Bob Reite

Post by Bob Reite » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:07 am

Nice! Although I'll bet oil will leak out of the bottom unless you plan to solvent weld the cylinders to the base.
The more reactive the materials, the more spectacular the failures.
The testing isn't over until the prototype is destroyed.

Dave Xanatos

Post by Dave Xanatos » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:22 am

I did, in fact, seal the cylinder bases. Nothing can make a futuristic looking cool thing look like old tech faster than oily dust :)

Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:52 pm

Very well done and professional. Thanks for both the posts and photo's.

Dave Xanatos

Post by Dave Xanatos » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:56 am

Deuterium Generator installed on the portable demo fusor...
Generator2.jpg
Generator1.jpg