Archived - HEAS 2013

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Richard Hull

Archived - HEAS 2013

Post by Richard Hull »

This is a location for all images and postings related to HEAS 2013. Please use the reply button to post your images and thoughts related to our event. Due to my being the host and having little spare moments at this event I rely on all of you attending to capture images of all the goings on.

NOTE: please downgrade you camera images to about SVGA... 1240 X 768... so that they are in the single megabyte or below range. Too many images of too high a res and they may not load. Feel free to post many times with many images. I am counting on you guys.

First pix is below. Here I am running one of many preparation runs of fusor IV for the upcoming event (evening of 9/26/13). I never run the fusor to max during "prep runs" as I must not damage it into non-functionality just prior to the big event. This evening I ran it to only about 600,000 n/s and activated silver to a low, but easily visible level.

Richard Hull
Attachments
Early in prep run before raising the voltage to the upper 30's kv range.  Getting about 250,000 neuts/sec here.<br />D2 pressure only ~7.2 microns.  Ion chamber instrument on table reading ~.05mrem/hr....On the floor it read .5mrem/hr<br />The high floor reading is due to the down-pointing observation window.
Early in prep run before raising the voltage to the upper 30's kv range. Getting about 250,000 neuts/sec here.
D2 pressure only ~7.2 microns. Ion chamber instrument on table reading ~.05mrem/hr....On the floor it read .5mrem/hr
The high floor reading is due to the down-pointing observation window.
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Andrew Robinson

Re: HEAS 2013

Post by Andrew Robinson »

I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!
sroys

Post by sroys »

Before the Mach 2 ping pong ball...
Before the Mach 2 ping pong ball...
And after.
And after.
Game, set, and match!
Game, set, and match!
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Hi Guys I'm Back in NZ
here is a photo of the group
someone else can name every body
and a hearty thanks to Richard and his wife for hosting HEAS
Attachments
Front Row kneeling and siting. L to R: Dan Hoffman, Andrew Robinson, Richard Hull, Tony De Angelis, Frank Sanns<br />rear row standing L to R: ? help, Brian Willard, Jim Kruther, Joe Jarski?, Jake Hecla, Tom San Filippo, Eric Stroud, Bill Fain, Jim Kovalchick, John Futter, Dave Rosignoli<br />Tim Koeth, Carl Willis
Front Row kneeling and siting. L to R: Dan Hoffman, Andrew Robinson, Richard Hull, Tony De Angelis, Frank Sanns
rear row standing L to R: ? help, Brian Willard, Jim Kruther, Joe Jarski?, Jake Hecla, Tom San Filippo, Eric Stroud, Bill Fain, Jim Kovalchick, John Futter, Dave Rosignoli
Tim Koeth, Carl Willis
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

John,

Nice to have you come all of the way from NZ. Good to meet you and the rest of the new people and always good to see the regulars. I did not take pictures this year as I usually do so I will wait for the rest of the people to post.

Cheers.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
David Rosignoli

Post by David Rosignoli »

Thanks Richard for another great event!
See some photos below.
Dave
Attachments
Looking at Eric's DIY bubble detector- a success?
Looking at Eric's DIY bubble detector- a success?
One of Tom's creations.
One of Tom's creations.
Attendees eagerly approaching the day's finds.
Attendees eagerly approaching the day's finds.
The intended target with the ping pong ball resting inside it - after being launched from Bill's launcher
The intended target with the ping pong ball resting inside it - after being launched from Bill's launcher
In awe at Bill's creation
In awe at Bill's creation
A view of what a fast moving ping pong does to a ping pong paddle.
A view of what a fast moving ping pong does to a ping pong paddle.
Remnants of the ping pong ball after going past Mach 2 (?) into its target
Remnants of the ping pong ball after going past Mach 2 (?) into its target
Heidi touching one of Carl's gas filled tubes
Heidi touching one of Carl's gas filled tubes
What Richard's fusor viewport looked like after many hours of operation
What Richard's fusor viewport looked like after many hours of operation
Mike Beauford

Post by Mike Beauford »

Man, I wish I could of been there. Oh well, here's hoping for next year!
Mike Beauford
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I just got back to work and am posting the group pix here and I can't rmember all the faces and names. Any omissions, (?), please update and all mispells help correct. Sorry about that. I am terrible with names and faces. I could not remember the names of one of those folks extreme left, standing. (see pix)

We had a grand total of 63 attendees and 18 of 'em see pix were fusor.net folks and fusion lurkers. Susan Mills should have been in the picture with us making it 19. Susan was there on Thursday and Friday evenings with Frank, Kim Goins, Tony De Angelis and myself, but got sick on the day of the event and had to stay in her hotel room. Wishing Susan well and hoping she is OK. She was sorely missed. Finally, was anyone there in this group that did not make the picture? please post and let me know. We yelled and yelled to all everywhere who were into fusion to come get in the picture.

Fusor IV was run on 3 different occasions and on its best run, produced 1.1million neutrons per second at the event. I blew the 70 amp main lab breaker twice due to over-saturating the x-ray transformer. The lab lighting draws almost 1.5kw and various other stuff combined to blow the breaker at crtitical moments of fusor operation as I pushed the fusor to higher levels. (probably just one of the over stressed 120 volt legs took the dual breaker out.

John Futter was our fathest attendee. (New Zealand)! No one will ever beat that, I imagine.

Thanks to all who made the 24th year of such gatherings a real big success and the most attended ever in its history. Lots of great stuff changed hands in the flea market.

Great evening talks. Carl Willis talked on his homemade discharge tube work. (Absolutely fabuous work Carl!) Bill Kolb on his combined Mach 2+ vacuum/propane cannon effort. (Really wowed the crowd) Tim Koeth talked about the cyclotron being built. This was Tim's 3rd update in as many years.

A special impromptu video and slide presentation was given of Carl's recent Chernobyl, nuclear tourist trip and his group's many interesting adventures and discoveries while there.

I also am posting a post event image of my fusor IV at work after cleaning the view port. Data contained in the overal image.

Richard Hull
Attachments
Front Row kneeling and siting. L to R:  Dan Hoffman, Andrew Robinson, Richard Hull, Tony De Angelis, Frank Sanns<br />rear row standing L to R: ? help, Brian Willard, Jim Kruther, Joe Jarski?, Jake Hecla, Tom San Filippo, Eric Stroud, Bill Fain, Jim Kovalchick, John Futter, Dave Rosignoli<br /> Tim Koeth, Carl Willis
Front Row kneeling and siting. L to R: Dan Hoffman, Andrew Robinson, Richard Hull, Tony De Angelis, Frank Sanns
rear row standing L to R: ? help, Brian Willard, Jim Kruther, Joe Jarski?, Jake Hecla, Tom San Filippo, Eric Stroud, Bill Fain, Jim Kovalchick, John Futter, Dave Rosignoli
Tim Koeth, Carl Willis
Star image that couldn't be seen at HEAS - Cleaning the view port after two years really helped.
Star image that couldn't be seen at HEAS - Cleaning the view port after two years really helped.
overall fusor image after an hour of reconditioning and a really good run.  Highest D2 pressure ever used in fusor IV previous was about 16 microns
overall fusor image after an hour of reconditioning and a really good run. Highest D2 pressure ever used in fusor IV previous was about 16 microns
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Images OF HEAS sent in to me and taken by my friend Craig Brown. Thanks Craig!!

Richard Hull
Attachments
Bill Kolb's ping pong paddle mach 2 ping pong ball hit.
Bill Kolb's ping pong paddle mach 2 ping pong ball hit.
Another view following shot of ping pong ball
Another view following shot of ping pong ball
Bill readys gun to fire - muzzle end
Bill readys gun to fire - muzzle end
Bill at the breech
Bill at the breech
Tom Vales Show and Tell of old antique motors and impulse devices circa 1900
Tom Vales Show and Tell of old antique motors and impulse devices circa 1900
Flea market madness
Flea market madness
more fleamarket
more fleamarket
What a crowd.
What a crowd.
Susan160

Post by Susan160 »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

The first video is of Carl's plasma tubes.

The second is of Richard going over to the counter after activating the silver.
Susan160

Post by Susan160 »

I just want to thank Richard and company for making me feel so welcome at this year's event, even though I couldn't be there on the Saturday. Had great conversations with many interesting people, and especially liked the "Quigley Down Under" showing!!

Here are some more videos...

Susan160

Post by Susan160 »

Here are some photos from Friday at HEAS 2013~
Attachments
Fusor IV
Fusor IV
Frank Sanns at Anthony &amp; George's~
Frank Sanns at Anthony & George's~
A scram actuator(?) that Mr. Larry said he acquired at a government surplus store.
A scram actuator(?) that Mr. Larry said he acquired at a government surplus store.
At Anthony &amp; George's~
At Anthony & George's~
At Anthony &amp; George's~
At Anthony & George's~
Andrew Robinson

Post by Andrew Robinson »

Susan160 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

The first video is of Carl's plasma tubes.

The second is of Richard going over to the counter after activating the silver.
Hi Susan,

Could you possibly post off Facebook? Not everyone uses Facebook and I don't know if everyone will be able to view this. They may need an account.
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I'll second that. I don't "do" facebook. I appreciated Andrew putting the fusor run he filmed on You Tube. (Earlier posting here in this thread.)

Richard Hull
Susan160

Post by Susan160 »

Certainly! I will upload them to youtube, and then post them here. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
Susan160

Post by Susan160 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDXZP9i0 ... e=youtu.be

Here is the video of Richard activating the silver- expect more to come!
Susan160

Post by Susan160 »

A video of Richard explaining and operating the Fusor~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imqBfuA_ ... e=youtu.be
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Thanks Susan for posting the videos on you tube. Now 100% of all visitors to this site can view them easily. The vids are pretty cool and the running video shows the x-ray dosages actually measured from the fusor. They are quite low and at 6 feet are virtually not measurable within the operating range shown.

Richard Hull
Richard Hull

Re: Archived - HEAS 2013

Post by Richard Hull »

Latest slide show of images by Cameron Prince of the HEAS doings and Cameron's visit to our member Alex Tajnsek's Tesla lab.

http://www.teslauniverse.com/photos/2013-heas-tcbor

Richard Hull
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Edit 6 dec 2019
Front Row kneeling and siting. L to R: Dan Hoffman, Andrew Robinson, Richard Hull, Tony De Angelis, Frank Sanns<br />rear row standing L to R: ? help, Brian Willard, Jim Kruther, Joe Jarski?, Jake Hecla, Tom San Filippo, Eric Stroud, Bill Fain, Jim Kovalchick, John Futter, Dave Rosignoli<br />Tim Koeth, Carl Willis
Tim Koeth, Carl Willis
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

John, Thanks for the image!! I have lost mine (@#%!^*). I moved my text from my lost pix on the first page to your photo here without your permission. Now we know the names of folks in the Pix. I did find and replaced the first image of mine in the first post during the warmup period of fusor IV before HEAS.
As part of my repair process, I have also taken the liberty of putting the image back on the first page where you first posted it. We have two nice images now. Thanks again

All of Dave and Susan's images are all here...Just click on the text in the bars and the images appear.

Richard Hull

Return to “Images du Jour”