Archived - Fusor progress, info & photos

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Richard Hull

Re: Archived - Fusor progress, info & photos

Post by Richard Hull »

This thread is now into Construction issues and not images anymore. Thus, good material is being lost here, buried deep in the replies to some posted images.

I choose to create a FAQ and discuss the machining off of the weld lip on the rings in the Construction forum you can find that discussion at......

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3203#p12713

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
swiederhold

Re: Archived - Fusor progress, info & photos

Post by swiederhold »

In regards to the strength - I never know what people are going to do with them once they leave my control. Better safe than sorry.

I'll follow Richard's lead and jump over to the other thread to respond to your questions about the spherical shape of the chambers.
Daniel Firth

Re: Archived - Fusor progress, info & photos PLASMA IGNITION

Post by Daniel Firth »

I got the new chamber on Saturday, so I assembled everything and turned it on.

The plasma photos were taken with pressure around 125 microns, voltage between 3000 and 4000 volts, current between 10-15 mA.

I had some arcing issues with the ceramic, it's all been removed.

The grid was formed the same way as Andrew Seltzman's:
http://www.rtftechnologies.org/physics/ ... d-grid.htm
By "same way" I mean the way the stainless steel is bent with the slotted pipe. Not the cooling part.
Attachments
hpim1363x.jpg
hpim1346.jpg
hpim1368.jpg

Return to “Images du Jour”