Archived - West Coast HEAS Realtime Pictures

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Archived - West Coast HEAS Realtime Pictures

Post by Frank Sanns » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Photos being relayed to Steven S. Thanks.

Frank Sanns

Editor while Archiving - I chose not to erase the first six pictureless messages to give context. No one should ever start a thread here that doesn't have images attached to that first thread. Just a reminder. R.H.

Carl Willis

Re: West Coast HEAS Realtime Pictures-TEST

Post by Carl Willis » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Hi Frank,

Perhaps I'm naive, but I wonder if it's the size of the image that is causing the problems? Is there a way to resize to ~640x480 or so?

Wish I could be out there with you guys. Alas, can't do everything. Best wishes to the other attendees and thanks to Jon for hosting. I look forward to the pics.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277

Steven Sesselmann

Re: West Coast HEAS Realtime Pictures

Post by Steven Sesselmann » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Almost like being there...

Adding images taken with Frank's iPhone as they arrive... Steven

EDIT: Photo #5 Bruce M., Todd M., Jon R., Bob H., George S., Don M., and Ed ( not a fusor person)

I am in Photo #4 next to Jon R.

All last names have been left of per request of some in the photos.

Frank Sanns
Attachments
photo5.JPG
photo5.JPG (116.02 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
photo4.JPG
photo4.JPG (40 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
photo3.JPG
photo3.JPG (121.75 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
photo2.JPG
photo2.JPG (98.52 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
photo1.JPG
photo1.JPG (36.21 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
http://www.gammaspectacular.com - Gamma Spectrometry Systems
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Steven_Sesselmann - Various papers and patents on RG

Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:14 pm

Excellent group discussions about fusor construction and operation and future work. Also good discussion about the forum format itself which was very positive. Jon R is now running a multiple mega neutron per second run and activating some exotic elements.

Thanks for relaying the photos Steven!

Frank Sanns

Todd Massure

Post by Todd Massure » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Great to see you all yesterday.
Topics of discussion were wide and varied and ranged from fusor construction and theory to neutron detection to the nature of irrational numbers and entropy.
The West Coast HEAS was definitely a more low key and intimate gathering than the East Coast original, but a great time with it's own flavor. Most of us only had to travel a couple hours or less except for Frank S. who was the one non-California local, in town from the East Coast.
Thanks so much to Jon Rosenstiel and his wife for hosting and providing some great food and beverages.

Todd Massure

George Schmermund

Post by George Schmermund » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Jon - Thanks go out to you and Carol for pulling this all together! It was a really enjoyable afternoon with a group of interesting people.
Anything obvious in high vacuum is probably wrong.

Donald McKinley

Post by Donald McKinley » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Very fun day. Thanks Jon for hosting and please convey my thanks to your wife as well. Your very competent and tidy work habits are inspiring. Beautiful ion pump. It was good to see you and Tod again and to meet you Ed, Bob, Bruce, Frank and George.

I was sorry that you couldn't make it Dave ( I'm sure that you'll read this). Frank, I like your music stuff. It looks like fun. One of these days I'd like to do a before-and-after test drive. I always like your postings here, they are good food for thought.

I don't post too much here any more (Theory only takes one so far). I do frequently read the posts. I will post more if I ever start making a fusor. I have a small varian diff pump and I believe its a welsh 1400 backing pump.

Till next time
Don M.

Bruce Meagher

Post by Bruce Meagher » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:34 am

What a fantastic gathering! It was a pleasure meeting you all in person. I feel privileged to have witnessed so many neutrons flying by. Jon, your fusor setup, lab, and machine shop are amazing. Truly inspiring.

Thanks for opening up your house.

Bruce

richnormand

Post by richnormand » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:07 am

Thank for the pix!

I do recognize a few faces but would you consider putting figure captions (if people in the pix are comfortable with that) with the names under the photos? That would be nice for the few of us that "interact" via the forum but never got the opportunity to really meet over a beer. Lord knows that I owe a few beers to many fusor members!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to join too in the future.

Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Names have been added to the photos. I will clean up this thread when I am back home with a real computer unless one of the other administrators are moved to do so.

I enjoyed seeing the familiar faces again and meeting some new ones. Good conversation and exchanges.

Thanks for hosting us Jon.

Frank Sanns