Archived - Plasma pictures from sweden

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
fpg

Archived - Plasma pictures from sweden

Post by fpg »

Here is some pictures I took on my demo fusor with 2 different inner grids. I used to have a really nasty leak but a little bit of vacuum grease fixed it.

I used a 2 cfm 2 stagepump with a ultimate vacuum of 15 microns.

It was interesting to see an electronbeam bouncing of the cathode as you can see in the first picture.

(I feel rather comfortable with the electronbeams hitting the glass bowl since the glass is pretty thick but I always use goggles and gloves just in case)

Fredrik Parnefjord Gustafsson
Attachments
plasma pic 3.jpg
plasma pic2.jpg
plasma pic.jpg
John Futter

Re: Plasma pictures from sweden

Post by John Futter »

Fredrik
Sorry with HEAS and the noise on the site recently your efforts have been overlooked

Well done
Hope this enthuses you to go for the goal "Fusion" ie neutrons

What you have achieved is special there are not many that have got this far "Plasma Club" I hope Richard adds your effort to this

keep up the good work
fpg

Post by fpg »

Thanks

As many other on this forum I will not stop until I have made fusion. I have already collected all the parts needed for my Fusor 2 and I´m currently searching for a company which can weld the parts in place.

About a week ago I visited the nearby National Electron Accelerator Laboratory for
Synchrotron Radiation Research called MAX-lab. A professor in accelerator physics was more than happy to show me around the facility and answer all of my questions. Since they used BTI bubble detectors they said I could borrow one when I needed it. They kindly gave me a 2-3/4 cf viewport with a very tiny crack, he said it would probably work just fine if i put some vacuum grease on the crack. They also told me that if it was anything more I needed I could just call them. I were not allowed to take any photos but here is a link: http://www.maxlab.lu.se/

Kind regards,

Fredrik Parnefjord Gustafsson
Starfire

Post by Starfire »

I second Johns comments - a step along the road to Neutrons and a good effort - good luck and success with the next step.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Really nice start, Fredrik. I notice you are using the Meiro grid. Cool. I am going to add your name to the plasma club.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
fpg

Post by fpg »

Thanks Richard it is indeed a pleasure for me to join the plasma club.

Return to “Images du Jour”