Archived - HEAS 2006 Photos

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Archived - HEAS 2006 Photos

Post by Frank Sanns »

Here are some pictures of the HEAS 2006.

Picture #1 Partial fusor group. Left to right: Q, Adam Parker, Jon Rosenstiel, Brian Willard, Frank S. (Sanns), Richard Hull, Todd Massure

New faces
Picture #2 Richard (old face) ;-) and Todd Massure

Picture #3 Jon Rosenstiel and Scott Fusare

Picture #4 Adam Parker

Picture #5 Carl Willis, Sherry & Sue Gaeta

Frank S.

NOTE: Archived due to faces attached to names for forum members to view in future.
Attachments
Heas33FrankS.jpg
Heas31FrankS.jpg
Heas45FrankS.jpg
Heas37FrankS.jpg
Heas28FrankS.jpg
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Richard Hull

Re: HEAS 2006 Photos

Post by Richard Hull »

Thanks Frank for the images. I have downloaded them to my HEAS 06 folder.

We missed a few folks as some left earlier, like Eric Stroud, Carl Willis, etc.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Re: HEAS 2006 Photos

Post by Frank Sanns »

Photo of Carl added to my original post. Sorry, no pictures of Eric.

Frank S.
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Richard Hull

Re: HEAS 2006 Photos-MORE PHOTOS

Post by Richard Hull »

Thanks to Jon Rosenstiel here are two postings that contain other images. with more folks and stuff.

1. Eric Stroud another fusor site lurker/contributor who bought Joe Zambelli's demo fusor off e-bay. stands as we shared ideas and info.

2. A marx generator brought to the event by a high voltage guy. it is seen in mid spark, (gap off to the left.)

3. Frank's CO2 laser smokes some wood. Small stream of smoke visible.

4. Dave Rossignoli with the lifter he built on site from balsa sticks and foil just for the occassion!!! Dave does it again!
Attachments
HEAS 06 047.jpg
HEAS 06 040.jpg
HEAS 06 036.jpg
HEAS 06 021.jpg
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Richard Hull

Re: HEAS 2006 Photos-MORE PHOTOS-II

Post by Richard Hull »

I attach a final four images.

Again, sincere thanks go out to Jon.

1. Lifter in the air (~40kv @ 1ma). most of that current was given up in corona. Richard Wall and Bob Paddock look on as Dave mans the controls of his rather dangerous supply.

2. Bob Mayer, HEAS member brought this magnetic rifle or accelerator. release the steel ball to the right and it is drawn to the left and as the reaction goes through the balls, the one to the extreme left launches at a much higher velocity. Pretty cool.

3. Fusor IV operates albeit marginally for all assembled. I do not run it frequently and it suffered from the usual cold start blues, but did get up to 20 times background and put a few bubbles in a detector over a haltingly long 20 minute run. Adam Parker is to the left and Todd Massure is to my right.

4. A scientifically meaningless but cute block o' oak with a mindlessly cycling 1950's dekatron tube circuit. Brought by a fellow who is famous for cool eyecandy exhibits.

Richard Hull
Attachments
HEAS 06 054.jpg
HEAS 06 064.jpg
HEAS 06 060.jpg
HEAS 06 051.jpg
Richard Hull

Re: HEAS 2006 Photos-MORE PHOTOS-III

Post by Richard Hull »

Dave Rosignoli sent a CD to me....Thanks Dave. Here are a couple of images.

First, is a running sterling engine belonging to Bob Mayer

The last image is of a large Tesla coil setup outside the lab and run in the early evening hours.

Richard Hull
Attachments
TC06.jpg
reduced368.JPG
Starfire

Post by Starfire »

Richard, May I say 'thank you' to all who have posted photo's of the HEAS 2006 - these are most valuable to put a face to a name and to bring to life the apparatus talked about in the forum. Just jealous I can't make it - swim too far :((
Scott Fusare

my overdue contribution (sorry!)

Post by Scott Fusare »

Sorry I am so late!

#1 Frank and laser (which I should have bought, it haunts my dreams....)
#2 The damage done
#3 Further destruction
#4 Carl
#5 Jon
#6 Richard at the helm
#7 Richard and Bob
#8 Mendicino motor
Attachments
Mendiceno.jpg
Richard and Bob.jpg
Star.jpg
John.jpg
Carl.jpg
burn2.jpg
burn1.jpg
Frank et al.jpg
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

John, Thanks for the kind words. You see why I archived this posting now.... A lot of faces are put to names so very familar to us all here.

Thanks Scott for your additions. The one of Jon is particularly good.

Richard Hull
Adam Szendrey

Re: Archived - HEAS 2006 Photos

Post by Adam Szendrey »

Nice to see all these faces :) That lifter reminds me of an occasion when i built one ,and one of the balsa struts caught flame from an accidental arc :)) My supply was not beafy enough to lift that one...just a lot of hissing...
Anyhow, looks like a really cool gang , building all those mean machines :). I love eyecandy stuff...

Oh and John (Hendron)...we can make 'em jealous, let's do our own gathering here , with bigger,shinier, and potentially more lethal stuff, lol.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

You may joke, but all it takes is two guys and a little word of mouth and you can indeed have a Euro-high energy gathering.

My first Teslathon had our Richmond crew of 8 plus 3 others from Maryland Totaling 11. The second year we had over 20 with new faces from New Jersey, Florida and Texas.

These things can snowball, all due to word of mouth following the first few gatherings.

The largest gathering at my lab was in 1996 when 62 people showed up! Since I have stopped active Tesla coiling and gone with the more broad and generic high energy science moniker, the attendance is a steady 40-48 with a yearly average since 2000 of 45. Usually 10 or more fusor people attend and only 2 of those live in Virginia. Most of the rest are old Tesla buddies who are, and have always been, into other science stuff. Amateur scientists, all of them.

Don't think that a first meeting of two or three is silly. Just the exchange of ideas and techniques, one-on-one is a most valuable experience.

Richard Hull
Adam Szendrey

Post by Adam Szendrey »

Indeed i was only joking, but you do have a strong point there...Maybe it's about time ,that such an event be held in Europe....But who has all the time, and money to arrange it ?
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

Hi Adam.

An event in the EU sounds interesting. How many people do you think would be interested in participating if it were to be held centrally in say Germany or in sunny Italy? It is conceivable that I could host something there. But then what of our friends in Australlia? I don't know if I am up for 24 hour plane rides! I think you should just show up at Richard's next year. You would not be let down I am sure.

Frank S.

Frank S.
Adam Szendrey

Post by Adam Szendrey »

I'm quite sure that's out of the question, i don't have the money to fund my trip, otherwise i would've already shown up. The money i have goes to supporting my mare, and to build my slowly emerging life in the next 10 years or so...it will gobble up everything to make a home, here in Hungary...things are not as smooth as they should be...high prices, low wages....oh well.
sroys

Post by sroys »

You don't really have to spend buckets of money, or devote lotsa time to it. My yearly gathering is low key - I generally have 8 to 10 people over after one particular hamfest in July , including the Richmond contingent, a few stray Marylanders, and a couple of others. I haven't even had a running coil or anything of my own going for at least a few years now, my garage being too packed with other miscellaneous debris to even think of firing up much of anything.

But, folks are still copiously irradiated by good ole' Sol, the pool is cool, the burgers and hot dogs are properly charcoaled, the chips, dips, relishes, and salad are there for those who wish, and the sodas flow like wine. People eat, float, or sit, lots of information is exchanged, and everyone has a great time.

Steve
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I have been to every TCBOM Teslathon for the past 12 or 13 years since its inception. In spite of Steve mentioning that he has no coil, people are always bringing show and tell projects that the dripping wet poolers stand on his garage floor to watch in action.

The spirit of exchange of ideas and concepts, plus the humourous camaraderie, are the real reason for being there or at any of these types of events.

It only takes the simple step of being the person who will host such an event and one other attending soul to make it all happen.
teslapark

My Photos from the HEAS gathering 2006 (super late)

Post by teslapark »

I'm slow to resize, crop, and post, but here we go. Looking over these pics again reminds me of what a good time Ashley and I had.
Attachments
materials.JPG
DSC00748.JPG
DSC00756.JPG
DSC00770.JPG
ashleyfusor.JPG
DSC00771.JPG
teslacoil.JPG
DaveC

Re: My Photos from the HEAS gathering 2006 (super late)

Post by DaveC »

Want to add my thanks to everyone for sharing the pictures and experiences, with the rest of us, who weren't able to be there.

With active minds, cordial attitudes, and Richard's hosting, no doubt many creative fires have been rekindled. I'm looking forward to a host of renewed activity.

Dave Cooper

Return to “Images du Jour”