Archived- Fusor version 0.8 and a bit (UPDATE 30/8/06)

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
UG!

Archived- Fusor version 0.8 and a bit (UPDATE 30/8/06)

Post by UG! »

a more detailed description of the changes made since the last version and the reasons for them will be posted in the fusor construction forum, but for now here are some pics of my new system.

i consider this system a different one to my last one, in that i will (hopefully) be able to do fusion with this one, and it has had and will have considerably more money spent on it.

the first 3 pics are of the high vacuum system and chamber.
the 4th pic shows the results of my battle with non-standard and non-matching fittings. these will be replaced with KF stuff as it turns up on ebay.

the 5th and 6th pics are of the plasma about 40 microns, quite low voltage. the plasma is actuialy purple, but the silly webcam insisted on 'correcting' the white balance

UPDATE 30/8/06:
pic 7: the adjustable leak system. the valve with a green knob is a bellows sealed shut off valve to isolate the chamber compleatly. the next valve is a normal swagelok needle valve, followed by a 3 way needle valve. above the 3 way valve is a PTFE sealed valve and an air filter for air admitance. below the 3 way valve is a swagelok quickconnect which will be conected to the D sauce via a metal flexy tube.

pic 8: some igbts i might use in the PSU if they turn out to be working. total overkill as i'm aiming at about a 700W psu :)

Oliver
Attachments
tn_igbert.jpg
tn_leek1.jpg
hot.jpg
cool.jpg
tn_nonstandard.jpg
tn_chamber2.jpg
tn_chamber1.jpg
tn_whole.jpg
Richard Hull

Re: Archived- Fusor version 0.8 and a bit (UPDATE 5/7/06)

Post by Richard Hull »

This is how it out to be done here. Good medium sized iages, lots of detail and solid pix of the results. Archived for sure and a fine example of reporting and recording work and gear.

Good luck in squeezing fusion out of your rig. Looks like you are good to go.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Images du Jour”