Achieved - Meiro demo fusor

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Richard Hull

Achieved - Meiro demo fusor

Post by Richard Hull »

The original post was lost prior to acrhiving, but I saved this fascinating and stunning image of Gerado Meiro's demo fusor.

Notable, beyond the fine construction and clean operation, is the unique, first time ever, use of a nice SPIRAL inner grid which seems to be doing fine in this application.

Out of respect for his imaginitive design idea here, I feel that, in future, it be called the "Meiro spiral grid".

RH
Attachments
spiralgrid1.jpg
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Mark Rowley

Re: Achieved - Meiro demo fusor

Post by Mark Rowley »

I think Mr Meiro made it on a local TV program. Check ou the attached youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urDD7Euu ... re=related

and starting at 2:43 on the following.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSSfGQNR ... re=related

Mark Rowley
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

My Spanish is very rusty, however when they introduce him, they say his name is Meiro, and when he's talking about the reactor (the grid to be specific but I'm not sure) he describes it as a "Meiro Grid".
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

We have not heard from him since I posted in 2002 that from henceforth this design of grid would be called the "Meiro grid" Its novel design was a true inspiration.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
AFW

Post by AFW »

Should that have been "Archived"?

Anyway, a brilliant image: I take it the outer dome was Pyrex, not some superduper plastic, like polycarbonate.( This gives me some encouragement, as I have a big Pyrex belljar).

Tony Webb
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

This is the archived posting in images forum. I think the image came from another posting. If you will notice, this thread started back in 2002 and includes a full image of his demo device.

Richard Hull
JamesBroussard

Post by JamesBroussard »

If i had to guess id say Meiro designed his grid like that on the premise of how easy constructing it is, after playing around with welding thin SS wire i finally decided to wrap 2 SS wires together and bend them into this shape which was relatively easy and better than the welded grids i made...(was still kind of a pain in the ass to get in that shape seeing how SS likes to return to its original shape)

here's a picture of it, the only grid that i have used... i think its in an older post but anyways here you go
Attachments
my fusor.JPG

Return to “Images du Jour”