UPS Reactor - Plasma achieved!

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
brett_kvo

UPS Reactor - Plasma achieved!

Post by brett_kvo »

Hi all,

We have achieved plasma at the University of Puget Sound. Check it out! The students are thrilled and many high-5's were exchanged. I believe we're about a month away from fusion!
2021-04-13 17.53.26.jpg
This has been an extremely rewarding process and I am quite impressed with the efforts of the students. Please check out our website at www.upsreactor.com.

Thank you all for your immense knowledge and support,
Brett
Richard Hull

Re: UPS Reactor - Plasma achieved!

Post by Richard Hull »

Congratulations on getting that glow in you project fusor. All the best in your group's continuing efforts in achieving fusion.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Dan Knapp

Post by Dan Knapp »

Link doesn’t work.
brett_kvo

Post by brett_kvo »

Thanks Richard! Can we be added to the plasma club? I can provide voltages/current readings if necessary.

The students responsible for the success of the project are:
Jack Bodine
Ouyang Du
Lukas Karoly
Noah Leibnitz
Sophia Pettitt-Kenney
Daniel Scarbrough
Kiana Walter
Kobi Hall
and then there's me, Brett Klaassen

~Dan, it appears to be working for me. Perhaps try again?
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

The Plasma Club rules require those items, and also, pressure.

Nice setup and good work by all.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Dennis is correct. There are strict rules created last year for the plasma club. On that fatal day, which had over 100 claimants collected over 20 years were wiped from existence to have 0 names in the club until, over the last 5-6 months, we have only added three new members. Check out the rules and details in the fusioneer listing.

If you follow the rules with your reported data, you group's names will be added.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
brett_kvo

Post by brett_kvo »

We're on it. Stay tuned. Thanks!
brett_kvo

Post by brett_kvo »

Huzzah! We have finally dialed in the UPS fusor (on our very last day of class) and I think we have all of the evidence needed in this video:

https://youtu.be/K9EjRmOb1aw

Thank you!
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I very minimalist video. We saw all the gear and people. I am glad you folks made it under the wire for the school year. It would have been nice introduce all in the group and take use to each instrument piece, give the current value on voltage pressure and current in the operation. I will induct you into the Plasma club. Nice effort with good high end materials.

Richard Hull
brett_kvo

Post by brett_kvo »

Thank you Richard. Next time we'll do better. I thought short and sweet would be preferable! Although I regret not introducing each student, fortunately the numbers are visible in the video....

Voltage: 1.78 kV
Current: 3.81 mA
Chamber pressure: 1.5x10^-3 Torr
Pressure between roughing pump and turbo pump: .340 Torr

We are thrilled to be members of the club! We've learned so much and no doubt will learn much more ahead. Thanks to everyone who has helped us so far!

Return to “Images du Jour”